PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year Old

Aquattro
09-02-2003, 07:53 PM
So the move to the 155g was a year ago yesterday. Here is a pic of now vs. then.

http://www.islandreef.ca/post/1year.jpg

christyf5
09-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Incredible Brad. You've really freed up alot of real estate since I was down there last. It looks great! :cool:

Christy :)

Aquattro
09-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks Christy. Unfortunately the real estate gets over grown as quickly as I thin it! I got rid of 4 large colonies and I still can't find room for anything!! :razz:

christyf5
09-02-2003, 08:19 PM
As soon as I get healthier I can come down and help you thin things out :biggrin: I may even bring that cooler down for you as well, now that the summer is over :wink: :rolleyes:

Samw
09-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Looks pretty great. Wish I had similar problems with Acros overgrowing quickly. Amazing how well they can grow with perfect conditions. I can help with your overgrowing problems too. I'm interested in buying some frags.

Buccaneer
09-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey Brad ... are you into shipping some acro frags this way ? ... maybe something in the blue and purple colours would be great ... I will take the risk on it getting here safely :biggrin:

Cheers

One_Divided
09-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Wow, and that was before I even stepped on the orange cap!

Aquattro
09-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks guys!

Sam/Steve, remember that I have those pesky little red bugs. If you don't have them, you don't want them. If you have them already, we can talk. :razz:

Jack
09-03-2003, 01:32 AM
:cool:

Acro
09-03-2003, 02:42 AM
Hey Brad,

Looken good buddy!! Not only does th growth stand out but much better colors too!! Also the orange cap looks like it's taken on a different growth. Before it seemed more upwards growth now it seems more outwards yes no? Either way looks sweet :cool: Oh yeah how bout a few close ups?

Buccaneer
09-03-2003, 02:45 AM
Thanks guys!

Sam/Steve, remember that I have those pesky little red bugs. If you don't have them, you don't want them. If you have them already, we can talk. :razz:

Hey Brad ... is there anything you/I can treat a frag with to get rid of the bugs ?

Cheers

Samw
09-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Thanks guys!

If I can get my acros to be like yours with red bugs, I'd say I'd want some acros like yours with red bugs. Let me know what you got. :mrgreen:

Aquattro
09-03-2003, 03:22 AM
Jamie, the cap is growing outwards more, not sure why. I suppose flow? It looks better this way, but it does shade out a lot of space!! The colors are looking better all the time. Lighting is now a combo of 10k and Radium. I'm surprised that things are soing well with the heat I've been getting, but I guess the corals like warm water :razz: .

Rasta, originally we thought Iodine dips would kill the bugs, but although it gets almost all of them, a few remained.

Sam, I'll get in touch with you next time I'm coming over and we can see what is available then. Shouldn't be too long!!

StirCrazy
09-03-2003, 06:10 AM
how did you get the rock to grow so fast :mrgreen:

Steve

StirCrazy
09-03-2003, 06:11 AM
Rasta, originally we thought Iodine dips would kill the bugs, but although it gets almost all of them, a few remained.

5 dips of 20 min each going into new water after each dip did not kill them all. :rolleyes:

Steve

Aquattro
09-03-2003, 06:16 AM
how did you get the rock to grow so fast :mrgreen:

Steve

The biggest thing in growing rocks is heavy watering. And food; rocks need lots of rock food. Live, preferably!! :razz:

smokinreefer
09-03-2003, 11:06 PM
awesome brad.

Aquattro
09-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks Shao! So when are you gonna make it over here for an in-person visit?

Jack
09-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Come to think of it, with Brad's growth rates, is this an overnight pic?? :razz:

Aquattro
09-04-2003, 12:37 AM
:biggrin:

smokinreefer
09-04-2003, 02:04 AM
i know i know.
i definitely want to partake in the next tank tour.
the changes your tank has gone through in a year is like night and day.
you've got quite the impressive tank there brad.

Troy F
09-04-2003, 03:02 AM
Brad, you'll be the next local reefer to achieve international fame. Very beautiful.

Aquattro
09-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Brad, you'll be the next local reefer to achieve international fame. Very beautiful.

Thanks Troy. I'll need to bump off that Jamie guy though :mrgreen:

Acro
09-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Hey you guys just leave that Jamie guy alone. I have you know he's one mean dude :evil: Besides Brad your tank rock no matter how you look at it :biggrin: And too top it off your growth certainly serpass's what I have experienced.

Aquattro
09-05-2003, 01:30 AM
Jamie, I'll trade you some growth for some color!! My secret these days is to make sure the temp hits 89 daily!! :biggrin:

Acro
09-05-2003, 03:03 AM
Brad, Well I'm certainly not going to throw in another pump or light to bring up my temp to that area of the thermometer. I'll stick to the low 80's :smile: If your tanks hitting that daily I'm geussing your not far off of cooking your eggs right on your dinner plate at the dining room table. :razz: By the way get off your butt and take some more pics. :cool: So we can all enjoy for a while longer.

Buccaneer
09-05-2003, 05:39 AM

5 dips of 20 min each going into new water after each dip did not kill them all. :rolleyes:

Steve

Did you guys see what this guy did ? ... soda water dips :eek: ... As you can tell Brad I reeeeeaaaaly want some of those acros LOL

OOps .. forgot to put in the link and some frags sounds real good Brad ... just let me know when

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224418&highlight=red+bugs

Cheers

Aquattro
09-05-2003, 06:05 AM
Rasta, when the weather cools a bit, we can look at shipping something!

sumpfinfishe
09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Wow :exclaim:
Stunning Brad :eek:
I can't believe that there's only a years growth in there-holy #%&@ :biggrin:

My frags are doing well-just wondering if you managed to find the rest of those skimmer parts :question: :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of plumbing in my bathtub to my reef, that should give me more water for my rocks to grow also :razz: