PDA

View Full Version : going to Kelowna

bvlester
11-11-2009, 05:50 AM
:razz:Going to Kelowna on Nov 17 anyone selling any thing? Is there any place to go and shop for salt water fish there? or even just checkout salt water fish. :wink:

Bill:smile:

Leah
11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Pet City
Total Pet
I can't think of any more but I am sure there is more. Maybe someone else will add the those I have missed.

new but handy
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Go to AJ'S and Complete Pet Mart in Vernon on your way through. Better selection than anything in Kelowna.

new but handy
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Reef keepers and Interior reef in Kelowna as well but they are out of someones houses so you have to call before you go.

tgoeujon
11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
interior reef is definately worth checking out, reef keepers is all right but there hours operation make them kinda inconvenient, just my opinion though

H2o2
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I have a 180 that is 5ftx2ft wide x30" high 4 sale (tank only) and it has starfire glass 3 sides 2 braces on top as to not interfere with 3 lites , dual corner overflows and extra returns in the eurobrace custom built by seastar in vic. in great shape asking 700 obo paid 1700 for it

phillybean
11-12-2009, 01:13 AM
I have a few SPS and Zoa Frags I can part with.

Interior_Reef
11-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Well if your interested, Give us a call as we should have some shipments arriving just before then aswell. :)

bvlester
11-12-2009, 05:39 AM
I have a 180 that is 5ftx2ft wide x30" high 4 sale (tank only) and it has starfire glass 3 sides 2 braces on top as to not interfere with 3 lites , dual corner overflows and extra returns in the eurobrace custom built by seastar in vic. in great shape asking 700 obo paid 1700 for it

Great price but I am not looking for a tank right now thanks anyways. looking for power heads and things like that a phosphate Ca Kh test kits cheep would be nice. You see the refill solutions are cheep but the kits them self are about 20 or more around the loops.

Thanks for the offer,
Bill

bvlester
11-12-2009, 05:42 AM
I have a few SPS and Zoa Frags I can part with.

Hi do you have any pics I Pm'ed you. forgot to ask how much?

Thank you,Bill

bvlester
11-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Well if your interested, Give us a call as we should have some shipments arriving just before then aswell. :)

What's your Number

Thank you,
Bill

new but handy
11-12-2009, 05:43 AM
what are you using for test kits

bvlester
11-12-2009, 06:01 AM
what are you using for test kits

I am useing API master test kit. I only use the ammonia, Nitrite and nitrate as I have a salinity and PH meter. Years ago I used other test kits but can not remember what brand. I would deffinitly like to be able to test for phosphates at the least. even if I got a test kits the solutions were gone in I can get refills when I go to Vancouver next time. I think the red sea and tetra test kits are some of the better ones out there Hagen test kits are kind of iffy if you ask me because some of them the intergers between values on the sets are to far apart. It's bad enough on the API PH test there everyo.2 of a step the hagen is 0.5 for every step.

anyways the more acurate the better in this hobby

Thank you,
Bill:smile:

bvlester
11-12-2009, 06:03 AM
Go to AJ'S and Complete Pet Mart in Vernon on your way through. Better selection than anything in Kelowna.

I do intend on a stop in Vernon on my way through when do they open I can stop going bothways. which is the better of the two to stop at?

Thank you,
Bill

bvlester
11-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Pet City
Total Pet
I can't think of any more but I am sure there is more. Maybe someone else will add the those I have missed.

I will stop at Pet city for sure and try to get to total pet not sure but we have one here they brobably have very much the same as here. The one here has alos of atapsia in some of their tanks I keep pointing it out to them and they don't seem to care all that much. If I was running a place like that it would be in a vat with a bunch of peppermint shrimp that way it would sell faster. But not that much faster at 11.99/pound or something like that.

Thank you,

Bill

Leah
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Total Pet is expensive
I like Pet City though he seems to have healthy fish
Interior Reef I didn't realize you guys had finished your renovations :biggrin:
I may have to make a trip too!

Interior_Reef
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
250-317-5235

We havent finished yet. but we do have a few tanks back up & running. Orders are small right now, but were workin on it. :)

mike31154
11-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I have two Hammer Coral frags available, one 3 head & one 4 head. Also plenty of GSP and plain brown Zoas. The Hammers are ready to go, if you'd like GSP that's fairly easy, I think I can just tear off a fair sized carpet. I've never fragged the zoas so that may take a bit of time, so if you're interested in them, give me a little lead time. They grow fast, as does the GSP. PM for prices if you're interested, it will be very low cost. Can also throw in some free Chaeto and Caulerpa.

new but handy
11-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I'd buy a hammer frag if you want to get rid of one

new but handy
11-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I will stop at Pet city for sure and try to get to total pet not sure but we have one here they brobably have very much the same as here. The one here has alos of atapsia in some of their tanks I keep pointing it out to them and they don't seem to care all that much. If I was running a place like that it would be in a vat with a bunch of peppermint shrimp that way it would sell faster. But not that much faster at 11.99/pound or something like that.

Thank you,

Bill
total pet is not worth it IMO
both stores in Vernon are good if you get them on the right days. I would be willing to bet they are both getting shipments in this weekend.
The reason I asked about the test kits is; I don't think anyone has anthing except Hagen. I could be wrong tho

bvlester
11-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks guys and I will see as much as I can. There's only 1.5 hrs I can't look at anything as I have to take my wife to the MS clinic, she needs her needs renewed . The meds keep her walking and sane so it is worth it. If anyone else has enthing for sale let me know and how much you want for it in a PM.

Thank you guys,
Bill