PDA

View Full Version : RO unit help

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-11-2009, 04:15 AM
Ugh...always have problems with these things!

Just set up a new aquasafe maximus 100 gpd unit and something is wrong. Gone over the set up a few times and can't figure it out.

There is absolutely no water coming out of the waste water line. All the water is coming out of the "good" water line (through the DI).

All I can figure is that some lines must be messed up.

Any ideas? I know its hard without a picture...

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Nevermind...figured it out. I was bypassing the RO membrane still after flushing the unit.

globaldesigns
11-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Nevermind...figured it out. I was bypassing the RO membrane still after flushing the unit.

Don't you hate when that happens.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Don't you hate when that happens.

Yes I do...yeeesss I doooooooooo!

banditpowdercoat
11-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Crap, that reminds me, I gotta flush my unit real soon

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-11-2009, 04:58 AM
Crap, that reminds me, I gotta flush my unit real soon

Just remember to hook it back up the right way :biggrin:

lastlight
11-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Isn't flushing the unit really just bypassing the flow restrictor? So more water can quickly pass over the membrane? I didn't think the water actually got routed differently...just that the waste line had no restriction?

Myka
11-11-2009, 02:11 PM
^ Yep.

Don't you guys flush your membrane after every use? I find it's easy to just let it flush for 5 mins after I use it. I'm not sure if it really does anything...some people claim it does, others don't. I haven't noticed anything, but figure "why not?".

thanhjenn
12-14-2009, 06:39 AM
^ Yep.

Don't you guys flush your membrane after every use? I find it's easy to just let it flush for 5 mins after I use it. I'm not sure if it really does anything...some people claim it does, others don't. I haven't noticed anything, but figure "why not?".

I found that if i flush (drip per second) while i use the ro unit, i get more gpd. Is it because the membrane is clean? Any comments anyone? Someone told me you have to runs the flush valve, but soooo much waste water if run full blast. I would be getting more waste then yield.

BWI
12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
^ Yep.

Thats a very good idea! You will see a difference in the long run because you wont be replacing your membrane as soon!!!

Myka
12-14-2009, 11:48 PM
but soooo much waste water if run full blast. I would be getting more waste then yield.

I have my waste line going into my washing machine (not for white loads though). I just time doing laundry with making RO water. Voila! ZERO waste! :D

BWI
12-14-2009, 11:54 PM
I have my waste line going into my washing machine (not for white loads though). I just time doing laundry with making RO water. Voila! ZERO waste! :D

again thats a great idea!

ZachAttack
12-28-2009, 03:08 AM
what is RO, and gdp?? still learning things

thanhjenn
12-28-2009, 04:33 AM
what is RO, and gdp?? still learning things

ro= reverse osmosis and gpd=gallons per day

thanhjenn
12-28-2009, 04:33 AM

i actually have it going to my furnace humidifier now