PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer pump question

fdiddy
11-10-2009, 09:38 PM
If i bought an eheim 1262 pump, would i be able to simply drop in a needlewheel impeller or do i have to buy a modded pump?

fdiddy
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Anyone? I have the pump and my skimmer is down. I really need to get this genx pump out of the water before something else goes wrong with it. Any thoughts? This is a stock eheim 1262 pump, couldn't find the needlewheel one. I am pretty good at DIY so some advice or a link to someone's modded pump would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

lastlight
11-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Which skimmer is it? Where did you buy it?

This doesnt help a lot but it's relevant:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=370283

fdiddy
11-18-2009, 03:49 PM
That's helpful. Thanks Brett. I was consering doing a mesh mod on this impeller, but heard they can be a pain for maintenance. Even if I do the mesh mod though, can i just drill the intake and add an air hose with a valve on it? or does the intake have to be a certain shape in order to allow appropriate flow rates? I've tried searching and looking at different skimmers and it seems as though the water intake to the pump doesn't have to be a certain shape and I can easily make an intake if i drill the attachment and use a plastic threaded fitting for a nipple for the air hose. I've looked at the needlewheel impeller from this Genx 4100 pump and the magnet is quite a bit smaller, so not really an option.

fdiddy
11-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Impeller from the vertex 180 pump fits the eheim 1262.