PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Ok, here are the pics:)

Canadian Man
09-02-2003, 06:27 AM
This first one is a general view of the rear of the tank. All 4 light's are on in this pic.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=86&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

This shot is of the Refugium which was the sump for the old tank. It was a HUGE pain to cut out the baffles which Quinn and I ended up smashing to get them out. This tank is very grungy as there is sill velcro on the outisde and after all it was a sump :rolleyes: The fuge is lit with 4 Flourescent bulb's and 2 of the bulb's are overdriven 2 X. I left the origional baffle in that separated the sump from the fuge. If anyone want's a scientific explanation for this I'm sure I can bs and come up with a new fad :lol: :rolleyes:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=85&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

This shot is taken from the entrance of the Tank room. the room is 16ft long by 10 ft wide. The tank, sump and Fuge span this whole length. The frag tank will be going beside the Refugium and will be plumbed into the system as well.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=83&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

This pic if of the 100g UFA sump. Great investment. If I need a hole it's so simple to make one. I have the flow from the tank and fuge going into an IO bucket that has 5 1 x 1 inche holes cut in the bottom side of the bucket.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=84&password=&sort=1&size=big&cat=500&page=

This is a shot that I took today. I have some pics of yesterday but the tank was quite cloudy still. My 90g was packed and this tank will be too in about a year when thing's grow. There will be backing on the tank when I get around to it so it wont alway's be see through. The lights are alot less noticeable now as the water is clearer. When it was cloudy you could see the line between the 250w Iwasaki and 400w Radium bulb's. There is 2 of each bulb on the tank for a total of 4 halides over 6 feet as well as a 6ft T5 actinic fixture for dusk and dawn. It stays on all day.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82&password=&sort=1&size=big&cat=500&page=

THanks for looking at my pics and thank for the kind comment's from Emilyb and abreefkeeper in the other thread.

cheers

Aquattro
09-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Jon, very impressive. You've done a great job!

Dresden
09-02-2003, 08:37 AM
stunning wow impressive :biggrin:

AJ_77
09-02-2003, 01:58 PM
WOO-HOO!!!

Way to go, buddy. Looks great! How's the flow?!

Jack
09-02-2003, 02:21 PM
:eek: Wow. Quite the setup you got there.

Canadian Man
09-02-2003, 02:53 PM
:redface: Thanks Guys! :mrgreen:

Alan the flow is great. It's a little much now but I think when the corals grow up a little bit it will be perfect.
2250gph + 2250gph + 1200gph + ~600gph = 6300gph = 27.39 turnover rate :mrgreen:

Delphinus
09-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Sweet setup...

robbyville
09-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Looks great John,

I remember reading about how you set up the lights and pulley system, they are awsome! I'm curious though if you will be building some kind of facade that will cover the front portion of the canopy so that you cannot see through to the other side (More canopy style)?

Gotta love the clean room look of your sump/fuge, etc. Nice going

Rob

spikehs
09-02-2003, 06:21 PM
looking good jon! Lets see some close ups

christyf5
09-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Looks awesome Jon! Congrats! :cool:

Buccaneer
09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Finally setup huh Jon ? ... takes alot of planning to setup a big rig ? :cool: ... Looks real good !

Cheers

TANGOMAN
09-02-2003, 07:37 PM
FANTASTIC !!!!

Canadian Man
09-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Looks great John,

I remember reading about how you set up the lights and pulley system, they are awsome! I'm curious though if you will be building some kind of facade that will cover the front portion of the canopy so that you cannot see through to the other side (More canopy style)?

Gotta love the clean room look of your sump/fuge, etc. Nice going

Rob

Yes there will be some sort of access pannel on the front of the tank that hides the light's. As well as border around the tank. The outside room is yet to be finished.

Yes steve it was a huge undertaking to get this thing set up.

Son Of Skyline
09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Man...I wish my plumbing setup was that clean! Wanna come over to my place and redo my plumbing since you're so good at it? :razz:

Canadian Man
09-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Man...I wish my plumbing setup was that clean! Wanna come over to my place and redo my plumbing since you're so good at it? :razz:

Absolutley! Just read my Avatar! :mrgreen:

kari
09-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Any ideas on how you're going to finish the front panel? Wood, ceramic, cement? A large viewing face like on your tank always looks cool.

Canadian Man
09-03-2003, 04:18 AM
No idea yet Kari. That's why it's not done yet. Some idea's would be helpful. I was planning on putting trim around the bottom and sides of the tank and then having a matching wood panel on the top that open's and closes.

Any other ideas are very welcome.

spikehs
09-03-2003, 01:42 PM
I saw a tank yesterday at RC that was finished with a brushed metal trim, looked very cool.