PDA

View Full Version : STN Question

Marlin65
11-10-2009, 03:21 PM
To make a long story short I had a tank crash. My Nem died and that caused my Alk to drop lower than was healthy for my tank. This also caused my calcium to participate out. I have since stabilized all my parameters now and most of my SPS are regaining their color slowly. My LPS and clams came back quick, but I have two pieces of SPS that are slowly receding.
Wondering if I should leave them alone or frag off what is left.
Has anyone have them recover after they started receding?

MikeP
11-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I've had colonies that STN'd in one area but then stopped, best thing you can do is keep a close eye on it and frag as a last resort.

christyf5
11-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I have had frags recover after they started receeding. I have also had some slowly recede and then one night just totally RTN. Its just a matter of waiting them out after you've gotten your water parameters back in order. However during that time they can also continue to recede, it just depends on whether they're happy with the new conditions. I dunno, I'd probably try fragging them, or just take one frag off and put it in a different spot.

fishytime
11-10-2009, 11:49 PM
If you can get them out, crazy glue the edge between the living and dead tissue.....sometimes that does the trick.

Marlin65
11-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Thanks all I will wait and see what happens and frag a piece off as a last resort.

Jason McK
11-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Thanks all I will wait and see what happens and frag a piece off as a last resort.

that is what I would do as well

J