PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock

kbd635
11-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I went into T***l Pet in PG and was shocked at how much Aptasie was on the liverock!
Does anyone know anywhere else in Northern BC that sells decent quality LR?
KBD625

iansfishy
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
how much do you want? I have a couple hundred pounds if your willing to come get it.

whatcaneyedo
11-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Ya... TP had a customer dismantle their tank a little while who had a lot of aptasia. So they took all of the rocks from it and placed them throughout all of their store's saltwater tanks. So now they have aptasia in the liverock tank, coral tank and all of the fish tanks. lol I hate this town.

I know a guy in town upgrading from a 50gal to a 90 who wants some more liverock as well. Send him an email and maybe the two of you can do a group order and have it flown up. For that matter there is a third guy who just went from an 80gal to a 120 so he may be after some more liverock too. I'll PM you with their email addresses so that you can get ahold of them.

argan
11-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Make some arragrocrete DIY rocks. super cheap per pound and you can make any shape you want. I mixed in softener salt to make mine less dense.

kbd635
11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Well I was actually just looking for planning purposes.
I have reno'd the corner where my tank is going, but I need to finish the rest of the basement first! :-(
it'll probably be mid-next year before I get it wet!
I intend to make Agrocrete rock for looks, but I need quite a bit of LR to seed and I beleive that man made LR can't replace real LR totally.
I need to replace all the electrics in my tank / sump, as it's almost all 240V UK. (Even the T5's need replaced)
I intend to record all of the steps I'm taking to ressurrect my tank and post them here.
Whatcanyedo, I'll contact you once I get it wet!
Thanks guys,
Kenny

whatcaneyedo
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I go down to the coast to Ocean Aquatics and J&L several times each year. If you're not in a hurry for liverock now I can easily bring some back for you next spring.

kbd635
11-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Russel!
I'lll contact you when I'm in a position to wet the tank!
Kenny

Lego
11-18-2009, 11:51 PM
There is a tank in town that will be selling about 100lbs of rock if you need some soon.

Lego
11-26-2009, 03:56 PM
still need rock... found a bunch. if interested let me know.

kbd635
11-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Lego,
Thanks for the offer, but I'm just trying to collect costs right now, it'll probably be next year before I get to that stage.
I'll IM you when I do though!
Thanks again,
Kenny

Lego
11-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Lego,
Thanks for the offer, but I'm just trying to collect costs right now, it'll probably be next year before I get to that stage.
I'll IM you when I do though!
Thanks again,
Kenny

sounds good. he is on this site too... fearless i believe his name is on the forum

blake374
11-27-2009, 05:08 AM
If I had to do it all over again I would have bought 90% dry base rock from the fish store and seeded that with some live stuff.

I have like 800 bucks worth of live rock in my tank!