PDA

View Full Version : Florescent Green Candy Cane for trade

Keana
11-09-2009, 11:08 PM
This baby has gotten far to large for my tank. It has easily more than 100 heads basically I just lost count. I love this coral it is beautiful but there is no room. I am looking to trade it for a rbta, cube tank of upto 50 gal, 250 MH set up, or something interesting......

I also have a Coralife 24 Inch Aqualight Pro, 1x150W HQI MH Lamp + 2x65W PC + 2x1W Lunar LED for trade. Lights need to be changed but otherwise in good shape.

edikpok
11-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Would you frag it? post a photo of the candy cane...

Keana
11-10-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll try and get a photo later. Just so busy with stuff that it is hard to get image up. It is a show peace for sure!

Keana
11-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Okay, I got a photo. This photo is coming from my iPhone. Unfortunately the camera (and gps for that matter) SUCKS on the iPhone. But it should give an idea on the size.

If no trade comes up I will frag or sell whole. I myself want to keep a small frag. The story behind this guy is one of a thought to be dead coral that came back from nothing. I got a frag of something (don't remember what) from a Canreef member. They opted to use some coral rubble that seemed to be long gone and suck the frag to it. Somewhere, somehow, I lost the intended frag. But then as if back from the dead.... a tiny little green head started to grow from the dead coral peace the frag had been glued to. That tiny head turned into this beautiful candy cane.

http://englishbay.com/IMG_0035.jpg

no_bs
11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Sooo nice.

bvlester
11-10-2009, 09:47 PM
WOW :surprise: is all I can say. :surprise::wink:

I hope mine get that large I have 2 different types one the same as yours 11 or 12 heads I think and a pink out side and floressent green mouth area it has 3 heads.

looks great again.

Bill

Keana
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Still have the lights and the coral. I was working on a trade but that didn't work out. Some other trades are in the wind. But if nothing pans out by the end of today I will start the process of fragging. This thing is to big for my tank and can't even grow anymore unless it is fragged.

$5/head with discount on larger head counts. The lights are going to be moved to the proper forum and listed for sale/trade very shortly.

manaf
11-17-2009, 11:25 PM
how much are u willing to sell the whole thing for?

no_bs
11-21-2009, 03:54 PM
WOW. No kidding it is a show piece. The drive was worth it and then some, I hope the trade was as good for you aas it was for me.:mrgreen:. Thanks again.

lastlight
11-21-2009, 04:31 PM
We're going to need a few pics of it in its new home. That thing is stunning although the iPhone's camera is not. I hate mine too haha.

Keana
11-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Glad you are happy! I am also happy. As you could see the poor thing had literally no more room in my tank (that is my current tank.....). I look forward to any future trade with you.

Bye, Kean