PDA

View Full Version : Clown questions

Coleus
11-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I know the answer to the coming question is big NO but i am wondering if any have successfully housing these in a their tank and what size?

mated pair of false percs clown in same tank with a mated pair of true percs clown. false pair is currently host a BTA while the true pair host a frogspawn

Thoughts?

Myka
11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
It really depends on the size of the tank, and the individual fish. I would consider it an option in a 6' tank, but a 4' would reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally be pushing the luck.

Coleus
11-09-2009, 12:47 AM
i have 6 feet tank and their nest are on each side if the tank. But the female false percs charge from one side to other side to charge the other pair as I introduced them to the tank. After a little scuffle, and i turned off the light, she went back to her nest. I will monitory them closely. It is kind of funny that my cinamon clown in the middle and sometimes, jumped in the middle and try to seperate the fight.

Myka
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
So you actually have 5 clowns in there of 3 different species? That's definitely pushing it.

Coleus
11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes I know. So far so good, will monitor it closely and have a separate tank ready. It is so freaking hard to catch them now.