PDA

View Full Version : How can you remove a BTA from live rock?

JTaylor420
11-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Well i purchased a green BTA several months ago and it has now split 3 times just wondering if anyone has any good tricks for removing them from my live rock for possible sale..

Thanks

Jyman
11-08-2009, 03:48 AM
I read some where, I think it was on canreef here that you can put a zip-tie around down by the foot. Just make sure that the zip-tie is not really tight and he should release in a couple of hours. All you want to do is bug him enough with it and he will move.

I have also read that you can use a powerhead and point it right at him and that will get him to move because they don't really like high current.

Do you have any pictures of the BTA's and how they are on the rock?

fkshiu
11-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Use a powerhead or an ice cube rubbed on the foot (the anemone's, not yours).

Kevotron
11-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Use a powerhead or an ice cube rubbed on the foot (the anemone's, not yours).

sounds like a Pedicure treatment if u ask me ! :P
haha

JTaylor420
11-08-2009, 04:51 AM
ya my lights are off right now, i'll post pictures tomorrow they are approximately 1 inch apart the 3 of them =/ I'm hoping these things will stop splitting and actually grow to a decent size hah, but at least my clown fish seems happy that there is 3 of them for him to huddle in

Carmen
11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Powerhead works great. Also can very gently peel or coax them away from the rock with a finger nail and rubbing gently the footwhere it attaches to the rock. You must be very patient since rushing things can tear the foot. This method works if there ar no tiny crevices that the anemone has wedged his foot into. I have moved my anemones a few times this way.
Good luck!

Myka
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
As long as you can reach the foot, I have always just used my fingernail to peel them off. It's tough to get it started, but once you have a bit of the edge peeled up it's easy.

BlueTang<3
11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
try hanging it upside down if you can remove the rock i have about a 16 inch rose bubble tip or larger he loves flow right in front of the mp40 on high would not let go removed him and placed in a tub set upside down about an hour he let go i have also used finger to peel it off but very sensitive to there sting and my girlfriend wont touch it as she thinks its nasty