PDA

View Full Version : Sunlight Supply Maristar MH & Icecap??

simplycoral
11-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Does anyone know if the Sunlight Supply Maristar Lighting Fixture 3x250W MH + 4x39W T5 will work with the new 250w Ice Cap Ballasts?

If anyone has this fixture? Is it worth the $ :question:

Thanks,

Simon...

kien
11-07-2009, 03:06 AM
I have that maristar fixture and LoVE it! It is a great combo with options. I run mine with galaxy ballasts though, not icecaps. I know that icecaps will run them (was contemplating it when I got mine), but you have to make sure you order the socket adapter as the sockets are different. Sunlight supply makes/distributes galaxy ballasts so that combo does not require any extra adapters.

Delphinus
11-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Hey Kien, just curious, what made you decide Galaxy over Icecap?

kien
11-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Hey Kien, just curious, what made you decide Galaxy over Icecap?

I asked around and people seemed to be pretty happy with their galaxies. There was the odd complaint here and there but same went for icecaps. So I just stuck with the ballast that sunlight provided since I knew I wanted their fixture. No need for extra adapter and guaranteed compatibility ? And I like green :-D

I happy with the combo. Lights are nice and bright and everyone is happy.

Oh and I like that they run without fans :-). I suppose icecaps do too though. I used to have a magnetic ballast and it was annoying.

simplycoral
11-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Looks like a nice fixture! Was thinking of buying the Lumanarc reflectors from the states but like the idea of T5 & MH combo.. Already have 2 icecaps so it makes sense to use them.. Where can you get the adapters from?

Thanks, Simon..

kien
11-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Whoever you are getting the fixture from. Ask that vendor to order the adapters too. Oh and if you need legs it doesn't come with them. Need to tell the vendor to order legs too if you plan to have the light sit on the rank.