PDA

View Full Version : Moving - must sell all corals/fish/rocks!!! - the bare bones

Jeannette
08-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of buying our first home and will be selling all our salt water fish, corals, rock, tank and stand, as we won't be setting up the tank again for a while. We have a 100 gallon salt water tank, and it's mainly a reef tank with a few select fish.

We are listing a link below for you to click on (or copy and paste to your address bar) to check out pics of what we have for sale.

http://members.shaw.ca/imont/fish%20pics/

The following is a list of what we have for sale, and prices (updated as of 6:40pm Monday Sept 8):

CORALS
Open Brain - $20 SOLD
Brown Mushroom Rock - $20
Pineapple (purple and green) - $25 SOLD
Hairy Mushroom - $20 SOLD
Frowspawn - $20 (small - $10) BOTH SOLD
Red Mushroom Rock - $25 SOLD
Branching Brain - $20 SOLD
Large Green Star Polyps - $25 SOLD
Brown/Orange Polyps - $15 SOLD
Green Polyp Rock - $15 SOLD
Anthelia Rock - $20 SOLD
Large Pearl Bubble - $25 SOLD
Plate Coral - $25 (green tentacles) SOLD
Green Bubble - $10 SOLD
Huge Colt - $25 SOLD
Cabbage Coral - $20 SOLD
Anemone - $20 SOLD
Pink Polyp Rock - $20 SOLD
Green Montipora - $20 (this has broken while chasing fish - frags are for sale for $10 each)
Sun Coral - $15 SOLD
Clove Polyps - $10 SOLD
Umbrella - $15 SOLD
Small Toadstool - $10 SOLD
Large Green Broccoli - $15 SOLD
Trumpet - $15 SOLD
Pink Shelf - $15 SOLD
Galaxy - $15 SOLD
Brown/Yellow Polyp Rock - $10 SOLD
Assorted Small Frags - $10 each

FISH
Six-line Wrasse - $10 (ONE RESERVED, ONE SOLD)
Bi-Colour Basslet - $15 RESERVED
Pacific Blue Tang - $25 (small, and very healthy) SOLD
Blue Chromis - $5
Percula Clowns - $25/pair SOLD
Cleaner Shrimp - $15 RESERVED

Please note - 100 gallon tank with stand is sold. Thanks Chad! (ps - we're getting there - it's pretty bare in there now...I'll keep you posted) :biggrin:

We still have live rock ($5/pound) that always has nice growth on it - some have small corals, but all rock has something neat on it as an added bonus!

Please feel free to call us at 604-251-7462. And please note - we will NOT ship. These healty specimens need to be picked up in person. Our apologies to those not within driving distance, but we don't want to risk you not getting your money's worth.

We are located in central Vancouver - in the Commercial Drive area. Please call us if you have any questions; we are generally home in the evenings but will return calls promptly if you happen to get the answering machine. You can email either Ian or myself at imont@shaw.ca or jdmont1@shaw.ca as well.

We hope you can find some good homes for our friends!

Thank you to everyone so far who has taken our friends in and made them happy.

Jeannette and Ian Montgomery
604-251-7462

Chad
08-31-2003, 01:17 AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the teardown of the tank.. I would love to make a home for your

green hairy mushroom, red mushroom rock and the pink polyp

Send me a PM if these are still available

Chad

dekay
08-31-2003, 02:31 AM
How much live rock do you have there? Are you going to be selling them now or after everythings gone? Appreciate any information you can provide such as price, type of rock (Fiji, Tonga) etc.

If the regal tang's not taken in a month, I'll take it as well. Should be getting my tank and equipment tomorrow, so I can't add it in until the water's been cycled.

dekay
08-31-2003, 02:31 AM
info on equipment would be appreciated as well.

EmilyB
08-31-2003, 03:50 AM
Why does everyone hate shipping so much....we wrapped three boxes today... :confused:

Jeannette
08-31-2003, 04:49 AM
Hi folks,

We will be keeping the "gear", as we will be starting another tank in the future and don't want to have to buy everything again. The 100 gallon tank itself is for sale (comes with the stand), but we're keeping all the other goodies. Sorry!

As for the sadness with the shipping stuff, we really don't want to take any chances with anything dying or getting damaged in the mail after your hard-earned dollars leave your hands. I am so sorry about that, and know tons of people do it (heck, that's how we get the stuff here in the first place, isn't it?), but it would be such bad karma if anything didn't make it in transit and we'd feel really bad.

The live rock will probably be one of the last things to go, as will the live sand/substrate. We'll let you all know when things have pared down and are getting rid of that stuff. There is more live rock and sand in the smaller 20 gallon tank (which as well will be for sale once the inhabitants get their new homes), so keep that in mind.

Thanks for all the inquires, and when things start moving we'll update the list.

Jeannette & Ian
604-251-7462

Mak
08-31-2003, 05:52 AM
I'll take the Pineapple Brain please :biggrin: .

jhipwell
08-31-2003, 09:46 PM
Dear Jeanette,
I would like to provide a good home for one of your six-line wrasses.
Sincerely J.Hipwell :angel:

Tigger
08-31-2003, 10:17 PM
Congrats on your new home!

I am interested in your green bubble coral and your frogspawn. Do you still have your regal tang or yellow tang?

robbyville
09-01-2003, 01:52 AM
Hi jeanette,

Can you please tell me the price and dimension of the tank? Also if you have any other pictures of it? I looked and only saw one, I believe that I saw an internal overflow is that correct?

Please let me know tank details, plumbing, etc when you are finished selling everything I would be interested in your system.

Thanks,

Rob

Dorkel Marine 1
09-02-2003, 07:52 AM
Hello Ian and Jeanette. The trumpet is fully extended and looking good. You know when you have a vision how you want your tank to look. Well the trumpet has really helped the tank achieve that look. Thank-you very much.

Did you sell the open brain?

George Muller

Jeannette
09-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi George,

I'm glad the trumpet coral is to your liking! It's a great little peice that probably won't be little for much longer. :biggrin:

The Open Brain is still available. It's actually one of the only things left right now! Let me know if you are interested and we'll reserve it for you.

In the meantime, thank you for providing a good home for our trumpet. When we're ready to set up our tank again (in a couple of years - ouch!), we'll come bug you for a frag!

Thanks George!

Jeannette & Ian

Dorkel Marine 1
09-03-2003, 06:04 AM
:cool: Hi guys. He's even happier today and had a nice little feast. Very cool watching him eat. Yes I'm very interested in the open brain. Let me know when I can pic it up and remind me how much.

A happier reefer George :biggrin:

LostMind
09-03-2003, 07:25 AM
wish you were moving next month. My tank has only been up since july... not really ready for corals yet :(

Jeannette
09-04-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi George,

The Open Brain is yours at $20. I'm so glad the trumpet is so happy. :biggrin: He's definitely fun to watch after you stuff some frozen shrimp into him! He gets all nice and puffy.

Give us a call when you want to pick up the brain. We're pretty busy this week (and stressed - still dealing with new place details and it sucks!) but this weekend we're around. Best bet is Saturday after 4:00.

Give us a buzz and let us know when you want to come by.

Jeannette & Ian

1bigstud
09-04-2003, 02:43 AM
Hi there If you guys still have anything left I was wondering if I could come by and take a look sometime.

Dorkel Marine 1
09-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi again guys. Saturday does not work for me. Sunday and Monday are the only days that I could drop by. If you could phone and let me know would be nice.

Ph. 941-0719

Thanks George

Dorkel Marine 1
09-06-2003, 05:49 AM
I'll call you guys on Saturday about pic-up. Ciao for now.

George

dekay
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm ready for the live rock now. Let me know how much you have available and what price per lb you can give me if I take 40-60lbs. $5/lb is kinda close to retail.

btw, i'm still interested in the regal tang, just can't put him in yet till the water gets cycled.