PDA

View Full Version : BRS carbon/phosphate reactor group buy

lastlight
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Anyone in Calgary?

xtreme
11-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd be in for a group buy if you're wanting a new one. At least we'd get the qty discount and save a few bucks.

JDigital
11-05-2009, 12:37 AM
i'd be in for a group buy if you're wanting a new one. At least we'd get the qty discount and save a few bucks.

+1

67Stang
11-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Anyone in Calgary?

I was actually going to place an order next Wednesday for the BRS “Dual” GFO and Carbon Reactor. I have preferred customer status with them and can “PM” you the prices.

Also if this is the unit you are thinking of? If so I could contact BRS and see if we could save a little more on shipping if we have them shipped here to Calgary to the same address.

xtreme
11-05-2009, 02:22 AM
I was actually going to place an order next Wednesday for the BRS “Dual” GFO and Carbon Reactor. I have preferred customer status with them and can “PM” you the prices.

I would be interested in the dual model as well. PM the price and when payment has to be in by.

67Stang
11-05-2009, 03:48 AM
I would be interested in the dual model as well. PM the price and when payment has to be in by.

Sent you PM

lastlight
11-05-2009, 03:56 AM
So 3 of us so far. Count me in if we can save a bit as I was orig looking for a used unit. Pm me the price please =)

lastlight
11-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Do you put media right in this thing or do we need to buy a refillable cartridge for each chamber?

Edit: these come with cartridges.

Binare
11-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Sent you PM

I'd be interested in the same.

mseepman
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I currently use the deluxe single stage version from them and it's really very well put together. I have two 2 little fishies models as well and I like this better for working with.

lastlight
11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah I gave my old 2LF reactor away. It wasn't too great...

kien
11-05-2009, 03:42 PM
oh sweet! I'm a big fan of running dual reactors (have 2 two little fishies now) but ya, it is a bit of a pain to work with (empyting, cleaning, refilling, etc). The BRS ones look like they're much nicer to work with.

Anyway, count me in for one (of the dual ones), if you guys go ahead with this and let me know how we're working out payment, etc.

thanks!

P.S. Sounds like you might want to change the title of the thread.. hehe!

K.

67Stang
11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
So 3 of us so far. Count me in if we can save a bit as I was orig looking for a used unit. Pm me the price please =)

We are not be able to get shipping discounts because shipping is by weight and it costs BRS the same amount to ship to one address or a dozen addresses in Calgary.

However, with this much interest I think it would be better to organize a group buy because I don’t want to have to collect money from this many people.

I participated in a group buy last year and it was really simple. A minimum of 10 people are needed and it can be open to every member on Canreef. Each order is treated as an individual order and shipped to your door.

Each person who signs up and creates an account with BRS gets special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all their bulk material and other products.

Also each person who participates in the group buy has their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount on all future orders.

JDigital
11-05-2009, 08:19 PM

Also if this is the unit you are thinking of? If so I could contact BRS and see if we could save a little more on shipping if we have them shipped here to Calgary to the same address.

Interested in the dual as well.

thanhjenn
11-05-2009, 08:28 PM
i'm from edmonton. im in with group order

We are not be able to get shipping discounts because shipping is by weight and it costs BRS the same amount to ship to one address or a dozen addresses in Calgary.

However, with this much interest I think it would be better to organize a group buy because I don’t want to have to collect money from this many people.

I participated in a group buy last year and it was really simple. A minimum of 10 people are needed and it can be open to every member on Canreef. Each order is treated as an individual order and shipped to your door.

Each person who signs up and creates an account with BRS gets special "Club Wholesale" status. This gives them access to the maximum quantity discounts without quantity requirements on all their bulk material and other products.

Also each person who participates in the group buy has their accounts upgraded to "Preferred Reefer" status giving them a smaller but permanent discount on all future orders.

parkinsn
11-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I would be in for a dual

lastlight
11-05-2009, 08:43 PM
So just to clarify...

a dual reactor would cost us $49.99
4 lbs GFO $52.99
3 lbs carbon $14.99

If we're getting the max discount.

That's pretty sweet...

with shipping, tax and conversion about $185 CDN for anyone thinking of getting some media too...

purelife
11-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm in !
I have a group buy page setup i was asking if anyone wanted to join!

JDigital
11-05-2009, 08:50 PM
So just to clarify...

a dual reactor would cost us $49.99
4 lbs GFO $52.99
3 lbs carbon $14.99

If we're getting the max discount.

That's pretty sweet...

with shipping, tax and conversion about $185 CDN for anyone thinking of getting some media too...

Wow... that GFO and Carbon is CHEAP!!!! :mrgreen:

lastlight
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
FYI this was originally a thread I made seeing if anyone had a reactor for sale used =) I got hijacked and then threatened to change the thread title. We'll just decide who exactly then is taking the lead on this group buy and go from there.

I'm in for a reactor at the very least!

Coleus
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
silly questions but don't you still have to fill the GFO just like 2LF phosban reactor? Or is it easier to fill with this unit?

67Stang
11-05-2009, 10:45 PM
FYI this was originally a thread I made seeing if anyone had a reactor for sale used =) I got hijacked and then threatened to change the thread title. We'll just decide who exactly then is taking the lead on this group buy and go from there.

I'm in for a reactor at the very least!

If “Purelife” already has a group buy page setup with Bulk Reef Supply, I suggest that everyone who wants a reactor or any products from BRS contact him and sign up for a group buy.

michika
11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
When are you looking to close this order out? I have a bunch of other BRS items I'd like to order, but need some time to sort everything out.