PDA

View Full Version : Potential MH problem

Kevotron
11-04-2009, 10:50 PM
I bought a 2 x 250W MH from Aqua Giant almost 2 yrs ago
I replaced 2 new blue life14k bulb in there, problem is the color is a bit different
one side is white, the other has a purple tint to it...
i switched the bulbs around and it still did the same thing
so what can the problem be ?

Thx in advance :)

whatcaneyedo
11-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Sometimes it takes bulbs a while to burn and for the color to adjust to what it is suppose to be. But sometimes the bulbs can be defective as well. I'd contact the place you bought them from and explain your situation.

Kevotron
11-04-2009, 11:01 PM
the bulbs I have been using for about 4 months now, and i switched it to see if it was the bulb... and did the same thing
could it be something with the electrical internally ?

whatcaneyedo
11-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Are you running each of the bulbs off of the same brand and type of ballast?

Kevotron
11-05-2009, 02:25 AM
The bulbs are the same ya, to as type of ballast i dont know as it is one big giant unit.

whatcaneyedo
11-05-2009, 03:08 AM
If both ballasts are in the same unit they must be the same. Try contacting their customer service department with your problem. Some companies will void their warranty if you open up the ballast box to tamper with it on your own so contact them first.

Dez
11-05-2009, 03:54 AM
It's probably one of your ballasts that is starting to go. I had an ice cap ballast go on me but it still lit the bulb, but it was significantly different to the eye and a bit dimmer. I tried switching my bulbs around like you did and got the same results. I put a new ballast in and that solved my problem. But in your case it's a built in unit, so maybe try the warranty route....kind of sucks I know.

Kevotron
11-05-2009, 03:56 AM
It's probably one of your ballasts that is starting to go. I had an ice cap ballast go on me but it still lit the bulb, but it was significantly different to the eye and a bit dimmer. I tried switching my bulbs around like you did and got the same results. I put a new ballast in and that solved my problem. But in your case it's a built in unit, so maybe try the warranty route....kind of sucks I know.

Ya that is what im thinking Dez, but there is no such word as "Warranty" with Aqua Giant, we all know that :P