PDA

View Full Version : Tube Anenomes and......

Dorkel Marine 1
08-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Hello everyone. I purchased a tube anenome and was wondering if anyone else could share their experiences with them. Awesome creature to say the least. I've read what I could find.

Also I purchased another blennie the other day thinking it was a goby. If anyone could lead me to an identification table or something so I could identify this little guy. The young man at J&L told me it was a goby and I didn't look close enough. Just want to ID the little sucker.

Thanks in advance

George

Ps. I'm also looking for info on gobies. I don't want a sand sifter goby if there is such a one. My tanks are 30 gal each with deepsand beds. Any advice appreciated. I haven't found any yellow watchman gobies yet. I'd love to get a pair. hey Rich are you bored with yours yet. :rolleyes:

UnderWorldAquatics
08-29-2003, 09:59 PM
From my experience with tube anemones, they are very beautiful, grow fairly rapidly, love to feed on mysis shrimp moreso then fish pieces, and will eat any fish that they can catch including a 14"show naso tang.

Jason McK
08-29-2003, 10:19 PM
what does the Blennie look like. Colouring, size, shape?

J

Samw
08-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone. I purchased a tube anenome and was wondering if anyone else could share their experiences with them. Awesome creature to say the least. I've read what I could find.

I've had mine for a while now. Mine hasn't caused any troubles in my tank. I see mysis shrimp cruise around their tentacles without any issues. I don't feed it much. It gets whatever food the fish misses when I feed the fish.

Ps. I'm also looking for info on gobies. I don't want a sand sifter goby if there is such a one. My tanks are 30 gal each with deepsand beds. Any advice appreciated.

I have 3 sharknose gobies. 2 in 1 tank and 1 in another. Very territorial but very cute and acts as cleaner fish as well. Bonus.

I haven't found any yellow watchman gobies yet. I'd love to get a pair. hey Rich are you bored with yours yet. :rolleyes:

Did you check if these are still available?

http://www.jlaquatics.com/images/fish/rare/watchmans.jpg

Mak
08-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Make sure the Tube Anemone has plenty of room cause he'll pretty much melt anything he touches :eek: . Also they expand much more after lights out.

EmilyB
08-30-2003, 02:28 AM
Oh wow, look at that starving fish... :cry:

Dorkel Marine 1
08-30-2003, 07:01 AM
Ok. I'm not good at describing fish. He has the basic blennie look. Very similar to a bicolor blennie. He's a tan color with white flecs and brown blotches. He's only about 1.5 in. long. He's eating fine and shows all the blennie mannerisms I've read about. Just cant find any pics.

You guys are scarin the crap out of me with that tube anenome talk. Good thing I don't have a 14 in. fish in my tank. Maybe he'll melt the live rock. i quess I'll just be very vigilant. Thanks for the info though. He's nowwhere near any corals. But if he starts growing. Well we'll just keep an eye on things. thanks again.

Emily your right that fish looks pretty gaunt. When I was observing my little blennie I noticed he was looking gaunt too. I'll have to be a little more careful next time I purchase a fish. I didn't even look for it. I just looked for alertness. And he was alert.

George