PDA

View Full Version : I think my FoxFace is not eating...

shimmy
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok so I just got a FoxFace 2 days ago and he is always swimming back and forth across the back of my tank, I have noticed that he does not eat when I feed my tank, I feed pellets and seaweed but he does not eat any of the food when I feed and im started to get concerned they maybe a bigger issue and he is just to cool to want to lose.

dsaundry
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
What are you feeding your fish with? Do you ever use Nori?

shimmy
11-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Im not totally sure on what type of seaweed it is I just purchased some green seaweed from the fish store that informed me that it would be good for him.

dsaundry
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Nori is really good, mine eats Formula 1+2 pellets as well, if there is any algae in your tank he may be picking at that as well.

Leah
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
If you have garlic extreme try soaking the food in that. Also I would go to your L.F.S. and buy some frozen foods mysis shrimp, krill, mussels or something like this.

shimmy
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
My tank is mostly covered in hair algae for I kind of over feed my crabs (when I just had crabs) and it just got out of control but im concerned for I never see him heat anything in the tank and I don’t want to see him starve. Also would I be able to grow my own algae like the plants you can buy and he can feed him self or will it take over my tank or just be bad for him?

I will have to go to the store and pick some different foods and try them out

Leah
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
I think he may need a balanced diet not just seaweed

Lance
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
He'll probably come around and start eating. I've never seen a Foxface that didn't like his chow. It's only been 2 days. He may be a little stressed from the move and the new home. Like mentioned above try different foods and garlic.

shimmy
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
What would be the best for a balanced diet, the fish store that I talked to informed me the seaweed and the pellet food would be good enough for him. If it’s not enough any ideas or suggestions would be good? Everything I found online does not give any good ideas on a diet just a list of foods he will eat.

dsaundry
11-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I find that between the "Formula 1+2 pellets and Nori that is all you really need. Most foxface fish wont touch hair algae imo, I will also throw in some Mysis as well.

shimmy
11-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok well maybe I will try changing food to the “formula 1+2 pellets” and see or just buy more different foods for him.. Maybe he is just a picky eater..

Coleus
11-02-2009, 10:41 PM
I think you should start with mysis or other frozen food and train him taking pellets later
________
ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

shimmy
11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Ok thanks I will try that out and hope for the best for him. Im just concerned for him and the help I got from my L.P.S. I feel was not the best information I could get.
Is it also normal for him to be passing back and forth the way he does, all the ones I see in the pet stores and other people’s tanks they just gently drift along.