PDA

View Full Version : WooooHoooo!!!

dsaundry
11-01-2009, 05:50 AM
So as sad as I am to be parting with some of my favorite fish, as I have been preparing for the tank tear down, I got a very pleasant surprise. I was moving all the rock out of the tank and all going normal, it was pretty clouded up so I decided to hand out candy to the goblins and witch's for a while and let the tank settle a bit. I get back in the den and to my amazement there is a Dwarf Golden Moray Eel swimming around that I had given up for lost months ago. He is bigger and looks great, I have no idea what the heck he has been doing as I thought he was dead. He always used to come out at feeding time and then one day just dissappeared. Talk about a bonus! So I have put him in a temporary home for now and one I get the rebuild done, he will have a nice home to go into. I woud estimate that I haven't seen this little guy for close to six months, so WoooHoooo!:lol:

BC564
11-01-2009, 06:03 AM
thats awesome ......good for you and congrats on the find....

Delphinus
11-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Holy mackerel! (or in this case "eel" perhaps?). That's AWESOME man!! What a great pleasant surprise. :)

ElGuappo
11-01-2009, 06:43 AM
thats outstanding.

karazy
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
thats like wearing an old coat you haven't worn in a while, and finding 300 bucks in it:lol:

dsaundry
11-01-2009, 06:09 PM
It was very cool finding him/her. Not like finding $300.00, more like $150.00:lol:

globaldesigns
11-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, that is great news!

I wish I could say that for the following that have gone missing over time:
- first flame angel
- McCloskers Wrasse
- a couple others I can't remember right now.

it is tough when something goes missing, and you can't find a body or see anything carpet surfing.

Great news on the eel!

fishoholic
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
That's awesome :biggrin: It's always nice to find a fish alive that you thought was a gonner.

lastlight
11-02-2009, 07:37 PM
It really seems hard to believe until something like this happens to you. The non-hobbyist staring at our tanks doesn't comprehend the vast number of hiding spots in live rock.

Neither do we sometimes. You gotta love taking a rock out during maintenance and then finding a fish in it or near it!

dsaundry
11-03-2009, 02:53 AM
I think the thing that surprised me the most is he was about 2 inches bigger and looked great. This was a little fella that used to always come out and take food from my hand. So when he disappeared for such a long time I figured he was gone, now for a further update; as I am taking down my 90g for a bit, I caught him and put him in my 50g.....he's disappeared again.:lol:

intarsiabox
11-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Maybe there's still hope for my Dragon goby. I haven't seen it in 2 weeks but my sandbed still looks good.

dsaundry
11-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Unless you find a carcass, don't give up. I learned my lesson now....:lol: