PDA

View Full Version : fighting fish

BlueTang<3
10-31-2009, 03:42 PM
so i have my 180 reef tank with a 6-7 inch blonde naso has been her tank alone for 3 months recently added a 3-4 inch sohol tang and there has been nothing a few nips and tail slaps so i thought we got lucky. until the other day when i got home from work and the sohol was riding around clamped to the nasos tail. so i put a egg crate diver in the tank to separate them in the middle any chances these fellas will ever get along or will the sohol have to go

fkshiu
10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Sohals are amongst the most aggressive of tangs species so it won't be easy.

You could try re-aquascaping eliminating sightlines or something that seems to be consistent with guys who successfully keep multiple tangs is a very heavy feeding schedule. I guess the tangs get too fat to fight.

At the end of day, however, the sohal may just be too big of an a**hole.

Coleus
11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
so i have my 180 reef tank with a 6-7 inch blonde naso has been her tank alone for 3 months recently added a 3-4 inch sohol tang and there has been nothing a few nips and tail slaps so i thought we got lucky. until the other day when i got home from work and the sohol was riding around clamped to the nasos tail. so i put a egg crate diver in the tank to separate them in the middle any chances these fellas will ever get along or will the sohol have to go

Now you make me think twice to get my sohol tang
________
Dilaudid Rehab Forums (http://www.rehab-forum.com/dilaudid-rehab/)