PDA

View Full Version : Eshopps skimmers

burrows14
10-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Cracked my euroreef so I have been looking at new skimmers and my lfs brought some eshopps in. They look decent and they are in my budget at the moment. Anyone have one? Are you happy with it? any feedback would be great!

Cheers
Ray

fragman101
10-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Hi
What size of uro reef skimmer do you have. DOES THE PUMP STILL WORK PLEASE CALL ANY TIME AFTER 10:30 FRI 780 233-1006 tHANKS

burrows14
10-30-2009, 04:00 AM
im not sure which model my skimmer is cause it came with my system when i bought it off a fellow canreefer but the pump is a sedra 3500.

cuz
10-30-2009, 04:02 PM
only had my eshopp for 2 months now but so far no complaints!
alot of bubbles in the breakin time but now everythings runnin great.

noirsphynx
10-30-2009, 04:30 PM
only had my eshopp for 2 months now but so far no complaints!
alot of bubbles in the breakin time but now everythings runnin great.

Do you find the pump a little loud?

cuz
10-30-2009, 05:28 PM
not really, if you don't use the supplied air filter its noisy but once you put that on the incoming air line it got nice and quiet. i have mine in my living room and the other half doesn't complain. ( and she's just looking to pick apart my purchases!!lol)

ElGuappo
10-30-2009, 09:22 PM
i use a psk 75 hang on on my bedroom 45 and its quieter than the the ac 70 hob refuge.

burrows14
10-31-2009, 02:41 AM
not really, if you don't use the supplied air filter its noisy but once you put that on the incoming air line it got nice and quiet. i have mine in my living room and the other half doesn't complain. ( and she's just looking to pick apart my purchases!!lol)

What size is yours? im looking at the 150. I think it should do the job on my 120gal. Also if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for yours?

cheers
Ray

cuz
10-31-2009, 03:17 AM
i've got the 150 as well on my 92 and it seems to perform pretty good. I got mine for just under $200.

burrows14
10-31-2009, 03:22 AM
awesome! thats cheaper than i though they would be! I might buy mine this weekend. Thanks for the info:biggrin:

cheers
Ray

ElGuappo
03-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Just took my psk 75 off my tank yesterday. fianally grew tired of the headaches after a year of use. started spewing water out the top. just not worth the headaches. IMO

globaldesigns
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I was looking at these just cuz... However too many complaints and it seems cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

I personally have a euroreef also and a Hyder 1000. I would fix the crack and keep using the Euro. If you can fix it, why replace it? Again I don't know how bad it is cracked, but you can always get a thin sheet of acrylic from home depot cut it to fit over the crack and glue it overtop of the cracked area, for a tight seal.

Edit:
On another note, impellers have a habit of swelling. EuroReef impellers are over $100 bucks once you get it across the border. I bought a Sedra 5000 bought it just didn't have the throughput that my GX4100 (which came with the EuroReef RS180) had. I wondered, Hum..... is the Sedra impeller the same? Well I took it apart and compared to the original pump impeller, it was almost exactly the same. Only difference is the magnet was a bit shorter, that is it!!!! I put it in my original pump, and the EuroReef is working as if it was new and whisper quite.

So what I am saying is that other EuroReef owners with same type of pump, buy a Sedra 5000 needlewheel for $40 instead of ordering from EuroReef direct for over $100 shipped.

freerider
03-05-2010, 01:33 AM
my buddy is running a eshopps skimmer on his tank, not sure what model though, he says its way to loud and pulls more water then foam, maybe that's just his ,im not sure, im running a reef octopus bh1000 on my system and would recommend that to anyone, way quieter then the remora c also. people's only complaint was the setup instructions. mabye its cuz i played with lego as a kid but i didnt have any problem what so ever. but i found it relatively cheap, 200 with shipping
just my 2 cents