PDA

View Full Version : WTB 65 Watt PC old bulbs str pin

hillegom
10-30-2009, 12:02 AM
I got this old coralife 4 bulb PC 65 watt fixture from a friend. Straight pin. None of the bulbs light up, so before I buy any new bulbs I would like to know if its the bulbs or what. And maybe check out different Kelvins.

If anyone has old, year old or even older for free or cheap, let me know.
Would be nice if someone responds from Surrey. Lacking that, anywhere in the GVRD would be fine.
Thank you
Dietmar :smile:

hillegom
10-30-2009, 04:19 AM
anyone?

mitchelljared
10-30-2009, 06:53 AM
I have the same fixture for my tank. Has worked well...but I just posted a question about re-wiring my entire fixture, as I have one "socket" that doesn't work. Sounds like we have similar problems. I am almost 100% sure that my problem with the 4th bulb not turning on is due to the bad wires (they are super brittle). Two of the other three bulbs of mine only turn on when the 1st bulb has been running for a bit, heating them up...probably drying out the moisture (even though there's a cover). I live in downtown Vancouver, if you wanted to bring your fixture here and we could use the bulbs I have now in it to see...that way you don't have to buy any yet, and I don't have to give any away yet. Just an idea. Look for my post in the DIY section too...maybe yours is just a re-wiring problem too. And in the event you are looking to get rid of it...I might be interested in buying it off of you, and doing the re-wiring myself.

Tom R
10-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I have some old 65W bulbs lying around.

Tom R

hillegom
10-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks Tom, I will pm you

hillegom
10-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Mitchelljared:
I found out one of my problems is a broken pin in one of the lights. Corroded!
So, for sure one light isn't any good. If the system is setup like a normal 2 light flourescent, then when one goes, the other has trouble staring up, or cannot startup.
Do you have any corrosion around the lamp connector?
About comming to Van, I seldom go there and, Tom R, who is in my area, has offered his lamps for me to at least try, so I will do that. But thank you very much for offering your lamps.
Once I get mine running, if indeed it is the lamps, then I will have a better understanding of the insides, (could check where and how much voltage is present) then maybe we could check out your system.

mitchelljared
10-31-2009, 02:43 AM
Cool, no worries, I hope it works out for you. Ours had some corrosion, and we just replaced the caps...that made the other two lights work. So got three total...now just am going to try and re-wire the entire thing tomorrow, and see what happens. I think I'm right...