PDA

View Full Version : Help In Edmonton, All Wet

gioboi
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
:cry:

Hey Fellow canreefers,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I woke up this morning and about 5 gallons from my 24 gallon tank is all over the carpet. Found my Filter is leaking and my tank got a crack cause the wooden stand sagged.So basically long story short Everything is garbage. I have my fish and corals in buckets and pots etc. I was just told that I have to replace the carpet by my landlord since it leaked downstairs.I even broke my MH light while cleaning up.Does anyone have a 29 Cube or 20 gallon regular tank and stand and a hang on filter for sale or sitting around collecting dust? I am on a limited budget and cant afford alot since i have to fix the damage. Even if someone has a tank that they are closing down and just want it gone. Ill drive as far as Calgary, Ill even pay for shipping from some cities. Not a good start to the morning :(

Any help would be sooo greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JD

thanhjenn
10-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear that. I don't have an extra tank. The damage is covered by insurance even if you don't have insurance, but your landlord should have some form of insurance.

gioboi
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Sorry to hear that. I don't have an extra tank. The damage is covered by insurance even if you don't have insurance, but your landlord should have some form of insurance.

I use to be a landlord before. The landlords insurance only covers claims or damage that was caused with one of the landlords resources (ie blown pipe, faulty wiring) Anything that is caused by the tenant is the tentants responsibility. I have insurance but have to see what the total damage is to see if my $1000.00 deductible is worth paying or if the damage is less.

slough shark
10-27-2009, 03:42 PM
six posts down from yours, Lorenz0, is giving away 2 tanks.
hope you have a better day.

Coleus
10-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. I happened to me yesterday too because i turned on the water pump by accident when doing water changes, wife was not very happy about it. Took me like an hour to dry out the carpet. I also have a 20 gallon you can have
________
Depakote Side Effect (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

fishytime
10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Very sorry to hear.:sad: Wish I could help.

subman
10-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a 33gal you can have. pm me if your interested.