PDA

View Full Version : 65 gallon tank

DanielC.
10-27-2009, 12:42 AM
HI, my names daniel, currently in the process of starting a reef tank. Have done lots of reading on this site and have found endless amount of useful information. Few question for the pros, i have one 2inch bulkhead for my overflow, and one 1 inch return, my tanks 48,16,20. Was planning on putting my 2inch overflow on the top right corner and my 1inch return on the far left side of the tank. Do you see any problems with this layout?

Thanks, Daniel.

Ron99
10-27-2009, 03:52 AM
If you haven't drilled the tank yet I would go with two smaller bulkheads for the overflow and set it up as a Herbie (google it if you don't know what that is), I have a 75 gallon tank with a single 1.5 inch bulkhead in the overflow and had a hell of a time getting it to be quiet. It sounded like a running toilet all the time. Finally had to devise a weird pseudo Herbie type attachment on the single bulkhead.

Oh, and welcome to Canreef :)

DanielC.
10-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, but it has already been drilled:neutral:. Im very interested in your device you have made to make that single overflow quite. Pic would be awsome.

Thanks, Daniel

Ron99
10-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Check out my old thread here. A picture is in the last post:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54201&page=3