PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

roadman
10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
My Foxface rabbitfish got too close to my long spined sea urchin and now has 3 pieces of spines in his side. I have tried to catch him to pull them out but unsuccessful. Will the spines hurt my fish if they are left in?

globaldesigns
10-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I think what you have to worry about is infection, most likely the spines have bacteria on them... fish usually will brush themselves up against objects if irritated, like with ICH or in your case spines... Is he doing this? Hopefully he will get them out himself.

I would make sure to feed them good food, maybe soak it in Garlic and Vitamins before feeding. If you don't have this, LFS's carry liquid versions of both.

Hope he is ok.

roadman
10-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the reply...will add garlic and vitamins tonight when they are fed. So far I haven't seen him rubbing on the rocks but they don't seem to be bothering him much

globaldesigns
10-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Just keep watching him, and feed him like suggested. I personally wouldn't stress him more by trying to catch him. If he is healthy, hopefully he won't have any ill affects.

Keep us posted, post a pic if you can.

roadman
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
My foxface still seems to be doing ok today...but as I am a newbie at this unsure how to upload pics onto here