PDA

View Full Version : Check valve on Aquasafe ro/di

mark
10-24-2009, 06:32 PM
My Aquasafe unit will not shutoff after making water.

Is the valve on the membrane housing a one way check valve or something else (Aquasafe's site calls it a pressure valve)?

Disassembled and cleaned the ASOV but didn't work this time. Forums also point to the valve so checked it. Can blow through with slight restriction both ways (maybe a little more restrictive from the plastic to metal side) but it's not acting like a one way.

With the Aquasafe my understanding the restrictor is part of the flush valve (labeled 'Aquasafe exclusive E-Z Flush Flow Restrictor').

Popeye
12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I have the same ro unit, I have a John Guest switch/tap on the intake before the ro unit and on the outflow after the unit. The flow restrictor stays off.
The only time I open it is for flushing and i just open the intake flow and leave the out flow closed for about 20 minutes. Then turn off both. To make water open the inflow and the outflow taps and bingo.
Hope this helps

Jason McK
12-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Im having the same problem I have replaced the Pressure Valve and the ASO unit. With out success. I don't know what to do next

J

mark
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Pulled apart the check valve on mine and found corroded. Got a new check valve from Aqusafe (is a one-way check valve), replaced it along with a new ASOV and system is back working okay.

Is the check valve working, any chance your ASOV is installed incorrectly?

From the diagram, my ASOV has the screws on the top, side labelled "OUT" is on the left.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/das75/ro-1.jpg