PDA

View Full Version : Mysis wanted *found*-TY so much

sharuq1
10-23-2009, 01:56 AM
So Petland has discontinued SanFrancisco Bay frozen mysis cubes. There is no mysis to be found anywhere in the city (not at Petsmart either--they don't carry it) and I have been trying unsuccessfully for over a month to get it in on special order from them but I am having no luck and getting the run around. My poor seahorses have been on nothing but brine shrimp since I ran out of mysis and are beginning to look listless and skinny. I can't get to Calgary or Edmonton because my vehicle isn't working properly.

Please can anyone help? Please pm me if you can.

If any of the stores see this is it possible to have some direct sent to my house? I can pay shipping.

whatcaneyedo
10-23-2009, 02:14 AM
J&L Aquatics ships frozen food by UPS Overnight with ice packs and coolers. http://www.jlaquatics.com/category/20/Food+and+Vitamins.html

seahorsestarter
10-23-2009, 02:56 AM
im in lacombe i got some to help u get by with give me a shout 14038770657

intarsiabox
10-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Have you tried Red Deer Reptiles and Such? I have seen posts from this store on Canreef before so they may carry mysis, worth a call anyway.

BlueWorldAquatic
10-23-2009, 03:33 AM
If you need, I can send some up greyhound.

Ken - BWA

Seafan
10-23-2009, 03:45 AM
Not sure if this is any help or not, but I have purchased marine cuisine from either petland or petsmart in Red Deer. I am not sure what all your seahorses can eat, there is mysis in it though, as well as brine and algae and a bunch of vitamins. Not even sure they have any right now as I purchased mine quite a few months ago.

rayjay
10-23-2009, 04:06 AM
It's not a big panic as they can go a long time on just brine shrimp.
If you can buy the spirulina loaded brine it will be excellent for them.
I believe you can order, or at least find out where to buy PE Mysis frozen shrimp close to you. They are in Kelowna BC.
PE Mysis (http://www.mysis.com/contact.html)

Myka
10-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Get one of the more local vendors to you (like Ken @ Blue World has already offered) to send it on the Greyhound or UPS. Will they eat PE Mysis? Much better quality than San Francisco Bay, plus PE Mysis is a Canadian product. :D

sharuq1
10-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Seahorsestarter thank you so much for dropping by today with some mysis, I owe ya one. :biggrin: BlueWorld I'll be in touch with you about a long term solution in a bit. Thanks also for the links and suggestions :biggrin:

Ian
10-24-2009, 03:16 AM
Dan at red deer reptiles should have some and if not will get it in for you ASAP. He is really working hard to continue to upgrade his store and stock in the S.W. department...give him a shot since he is local and we all can use local sources. :biggrin: