PDA

View Full Version : Uggg!!!! I can"t win

banditpowdercoat
10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
So, with the problems with what appears to be Ick in my 45g tank. Loosing 2 longtime fish in that tank. I wake up this morning to see my sailfin tang in the 150g upside down and heavily breathing. Unsure what's going on there? That tank has been fine.... They all were eating fine etc. Acctually, both tanks have been eating agressively like normal. Sailfin appears to have black spots on him? Not sure if it's just detritus from the rocks etc?

Grr, I can now see why people consider shutting tanks down. It's so frustrating. No quarantine tank. My Q tank aquired a crack in storage :(

About the only thing I did to the 150 was add some coral skeleton's. They had been outside for the summer, I gave them a thoural rinse and figured they would be fine??

There is also 3 large (5"+) tangs in the tank. They quarrel occasionaly, Have noticed a while ago Sailfin had a little Nip out of his sailfin. Looks like my hippo took a nip on the left flipper fin too? maybe Yellow os being a bully when I'm not looking? Yellow hides more than the others tho???

hillegom
10-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Sometimes when it rains it pours. Sorry to hear your having multiple problems.

JPotter
10-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't know much about fish but you don't mention his body condition..if lean or lean musculature with plump belly, it may indicate a chronic issue that has finally caught up with it. If it has been eating well but is thin there may have been issues quietlt lurking.

BC564
10-22-2009, 08:08 PM
its sled season almost.....just bring all your equipment to me.....lol

banditpowdercoat
10-22-2009, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't say they are thin, nor fat. They all look normal. Not that I know what normal is LOL Now, get home from town, lights on, Hippo's out. He has half a dozen white spots/bumps on his sides :(

BC564, it is REAL tempting. I'f I loose all my fish, I think I will sell everything.

iansfishy
10-23-2009, 12:14 AM
hey dan, ive got a QT setup you could borrow if you want.
Im not in town but I can safely say the door is open so you can grab it if you want. ( its about an hour from WL though?)

mr.wilson
10-23-2009, 04:35 AM
There is a parasite called black ich that tangs get. It usually isn't fatal. It's a member of the flatworm family. Give the fish a freshwater dip, then a formalin bath, then another freshwater dip, and move to a hospital tank with copper. Wait out the life cycle for three weeks and return to the display. I posted some QT & HT tips here, along with some dip and bath guidelines. I hope it helps.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=455898#post455898

aquajeep
10-23-2009, 04:57 AM
sounds like he got beat up bad.dosnt explain the spots though??.white could b damage.happened to my bengai.walked in as hawkfish was goin crazy attack mode.the bengai had a heart attack.amazing revived him by slowly dragging him back and forth to get flow threw the gils.saltwaters can b mean like african chichlids.