PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my chromis's?

newreefer_59
10-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Just got 4 small ones (about 1 1/2 inches) last week, and two have just disappeared?! Would they not float if they die? Nothing outside the tank either. My other creatures in there are a Sailfin/Algae/Lawnmower Blenny and a Yellow Tang.
Ideas?

Werbo
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Many chromis just die and disappear. IMO this is pretty typical, they ship poorly, and theiris not much you can do.

Once established they fare better but have a fairly low survival rate over the first 5-10 days.

kien
10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
that's nothing, just wait until you lose a large tang and there is no sight of him anywhere! Now that's a mystery! :surprise:

Sometimes fish die and the current sweeps them into crevices where they are quickly consumed by your clean up crew. You'd be amazed at how quickly those guys can work! By the time they are done there might only be a skeleton left, or a couple of eyeballs rolling around which makes it even harder to find..

untamed
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
that's nothing, just wait until you lose a large tang and there is no sight of him anywhere! Now that's a mystery! :surprise:

Sometimes fish die and the current sweeps them into crevices where they are quickly consumed by your clean up crew. You'd be amazed at how quickly those guys can work! By the time they are done there might only be a skeleton left, or a couple of eyeballs rolling around which makes it even harder to find..

Vividly described....and very true.

Jordan_Oreo
10-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I bought 6 small ones, 5 days later I now have 2 and they look very very sketch..

Marlin65
10-22-2009, 12:35 AM

Ya like a 4" trigger??????:cry: