PDA

View Full Version : FS: Fish and LR/Coral (Langley, BC)

Scales
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM
After procrastinating over the summer and weighing my options (proceeding with a smaller tank), I have decided to officially get rid of everything. I need to sell:

-Yellow Tang (~2.5 inches): $20
-Yellow Tang (~4 inches): $25
-Kole Tang (~4 inches): $30
-Clownfish (mated pair that spawns regularly): $40
-Valentini: $15

All specimens are in great health with good colour. My system has had no sign of any disease or parasites for at least 2 years - no fish have been added during this time. All are eating a varied diet including flake food.

Rock and Coral

My display tank has suffered under my regime of procrastination. Wile everything remains healthy, there are some algae problems, although the severity varies and is of course subject to interpretation. Some pieces are relatively good, but many have Valonia and/or green algae (mostly a short hair variety, almost like a shell which comes off in chunks revealing the rock). There are a few that should probably take some time in the dark, but fortunately these do not have many invertebrates attached. Most pieces are capable of quick restoration, and I am simply being lazy at this point, which laziness is reflected in the prices.

I am not aware of any negative conditions or parasites (aiptasia, undesirable flatworms, red bugs, nudibranchs, etc.). Also, as I am not proficient with the posting of pictures, I suggest you come and look if you are interested.

I have two SPS mother colonies that have grown and regenerated since I experienced an SPS crash a couple of years ago. They are no longer suitable as display specimens, but have regrown to a significant degree - each is capable of producing at least 10 decent frags. I will sell each one for $12, or $20 for both.

I have some small pieces of rock with significant mushroom and/or zooanthid (blue, tan/pink/orange) coverage, including a piece (fist sized) covered with yellow polyps. these were generally purchased as "mushroom rock" or "polyp rock" from various LFS. Some have nuisance algae that needs to be cleaned up. The prices are negotiable.

Most of the remaining "regular" pieces of live rock have some type of attached invertebrate - mushroom, zooanthid, SPS remnant.

I believe there is only one piece of Tonga left, with a nice chunk of Orange Cap on it (and some tan digitata). It has some surface algae and Valonia. In its present condition, I will sell for $3.50/lb.

The rest of the rock is Fiji. There is some in my display tank - most of it has bonus invertebrates as indicated - but also some degree of surface algae and Valonia. I will sell this class of live rock for $2.50 /lb - if you take it all, $2/lb.

I have a bit of rock in my sump - generally free of nuisance algae, some pieces still have coralline coverage: $3.00/lb, or $2.50/lb if you take it all.

I also have a good supply of rock chips in containers in my sump. I used these for refugium purposes, pod piles, and as bases for frags: $2/lb

Please PM me if interested- since I have lost track of who bought what last spring, and some of you indicated an interest in these items, please let me know what you bought so I can "place you" more accurately, and avoid selling something you had called "dibs" on.

Cheers

Trevor

hillegom
10-19-2009, 08:32 PM
pmd

Van-rookie
10-19-2009, 08:54 PM
pm ed

Thav.
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Pm'd

regent2009