PDA

View Full Version : FS: $10 J & L Aquatics GIFT CERTIFICATES

BC_Grl
08-23-2003, 09:02 PM
I have 2 $10 certificates. Prefer to sell local. They must be used by Dec 31/03.
Selling for $10 each or $20 for both.

One_Divided
08-24-2003, 03:14 AM
I'll give you $10 for both..

BC_Grl
08-24-2003, 03:17 AM
No, they are worth $20 and that is what I want to sell them for because you can get $20 worth of product from J&L. This isn't like selling "used" products and only getting half of what you put out. Sorry.

Buccaneer
08-24-2003, 06:59 AM
No, they are worth $20 and that is what I want to sell them for because you can get $20 worth of product from J&L. This isn't like selling "used" products and only getting half of what you put out. Sorry.

I'm sorry ... I dont get it then ? ... if you dont want to purchase from J&L for $20.00 then what incentive is there for anyone to buy the gift certificates from you for the same amount ??? ... so if we wanted to buy $ 20.00 from J&L we could just ... buy $ 20.00 from J&L without a certificate right ??? ... i think if you are trying to get rid of something you dont want then you should be open to offers dont you think ? ... ahh it's late ... do whatever you want :rolleyes:

Cheers

One_Divided
08-24-2003, 09:41 AM
good point rasta. I could understand maybe $8 each or $15 for both, but full price is just rediculous.. They are 1. Useless to you 2. Expire in a few months 3. a hassle to pick up 4. real money is a lot more useful 5. you should just give them to Brad or one of the other hobbiest that had helped you out so much during your time in the hobby.

Aquattro
08-24-2003, 10:10 AM
I have to admit that buying these doesn't make much sense at that price. If someone local wanted to spend $20 at J&L, they could just call J&L. Your method means I would have to drive to your house and pick them up and do whatever J&L requires one to do with these things. I am trying hard to see the incentive for someone to do that, but it isn't coming to me. :eek:
Your best bet would be to give them to one of your friends or ask Allen to extend the date if you think you might need fish supplies ever. Or you could recycle them if the are printed on paper. Good luck!

StirCrazy
08-24-2003, 02:59 PM
hehe, you guys are amazing. these are not used, they can be redeamed for full price. so by paying 20 bucks you get 20 bucks worth of stuff. She got them but doesent see being able to use them befor they run out.

If i was selling them I would be asking face value also, it just isn't the same as selling used equipment.

Adam if I was selling a $20.00 bill would you expect to get it for $10.00?

The only proble with the cupons on the island is that it would be a pain to use them, unless you are planning to go to vancouver.

Steve

Aquattro
08-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Steve, why would someone go out of their way to buy 20 dollars for 20 dollars? If I was going to go somewhere with my $20, I'd just go to the store. If you had these and were selling them for face value, you'd watch them expire at the end of the year.
You and Jeanna need to rethink your logic. :rolleyes:

DJ88
08-24-2003, 03:41 PM
FYI. You don't need to go to the store to redeem them.

All you do is call in the serial number on the certificate and they are removed from the database as used. Has anyone looked into that prior to making statements that they aren't useable without going to the store??? J&L is primarily a Mail order store. How do those people out east use these? Drop by when convenient?? :rolleyes:

I can't belive you'd all hack on someone for wanting $20 for $20.

Anyways.

If you dont' want them.. Why harass her???? Don't like the price & aren't serious about buying them hit the back button.

Canreef discount shopping network.. may I help you????? :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
08-24-2003, 03:48 PM
I can't belive you'd all hack on someone for wanting $20 for $20.

I dont see anyone hacking on anyone except you hacking on others that dont follow the logic of spending $20.00 for $20.00 ...

why dont you buy the certificate from her then ? :rolleyes: :lol: :razz:

Cheers

Aquattro
08-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Darren, I'm not going to argue this, but it isn't $20. Buying these for face value is only a benefit to the seller. The buyer gets absolutely no benefit and there is no advantage. If all I have to do is call J&L with a number, it would be my CC number.
Now if there is no benefit to the purchaser, why purchase? It would only be doing a favor to the seller, nothing more. And for that, I believe some "hacking" is warranted.

And unless I only have to call Jeanna with the serial number from my 20 dollar bill, there is work involved on my part to buy this 20 bucks. That's just silly.

Aquattro
08-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Anyway, Darren is right about one thing. If the seller has something of value, she'll sell it, if not, she won't.
If you're interested in buying it, reply to the ad, if not, don't. Bye.

(Brad walks away shaking head)

AJ_77
08-24-2003, 07:51 PM
I think Jeanna's explanation was sufficient. To berate her is rude and unseemly, gentlemen.

Quinn
08-24-2003, 07:58 PM
How do they get to the buyer? Who pays for gas or mailing? I agree that they are worth $20, but the logistics throw a wrench into the transaction. A check or cash has to get to the seller somehow.

Buccaneer
08-24-2003, 08:08 PM
I think Jeanna's explanation was sufficient. To berate her is rude and unseemly, gentlemen.

Nobody is berating her Alan ... just discussing the " value " of the items for sale ... no more no less ... it is all good info and no harm intended to her at all ... at least that is the way I see it.

Cheers

BC_Grl
08-24-2003, 09:34 PM
How do they get to the buyer? Who pays for gas or mailing? I agree that they are worth $20, but the logistics throw a wrench into the transaction. A check or cash has to get to the seller somehow
Geez, if it was that big of a deal, I would pay for the stamp. If someone local wanted to buy it, I would take the bus there.

I honestly didn't think this would be such a big deal for chrissake. Despite the fact this was given to me as a birthday gift when I was unable to use it, if this is worthless to everyone else, I will toss it as wish me a happy birthday.

I am surprised at the fuss and so sorry to ever have posted this for sale. Those that can be called "gentlemen", so sorry to have wasted your time. I wasn't trying to rip anyone off at all. Call me a sore loser (or whatever you want), I am just horrified that someone can't ask for a fair price and not get flamed for it. I am so disappointed about this. :frown:

I wish everyone a nice day :smile:

christyf5
08-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Jeanna,

Did you sell those gift certificates yet? PM me.

I can't believe this thing is 2 pages, you guys have too much spare time :wink: :rolleyes:

Christy :)

EmilyB
08-25-2003, 12:18 AM
Glad you survived the pneumonia Christy....I was getting a little worried.

I probably would have just given the gift certificates away, seeing as they cost me nothing........ :rolleyes:

Quinn
08-25-2003, 04:08 AM
I do agree, too much spare time here. But hey we all know we check Canreef every fifteen minutes. :lol: :razz:

Tau2301
08-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Happy belated birthday Jeanna. :biggrin:

titus
08-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Hello,

:eek: is my reaction as I read the first page of this thread. Anyway, Jeanna I don't see the fuss about selling $20 at face value. Heck, especially given I just finished reading today's economic indicators. We pay the government more than face value on its coupons, notes, and bonds!

I just see some were trying to explain to you that it may be necessary to sell it at a lower price in order to get something before "coupon expiration". See, they care about you. :razz:

Titus

Dorkel Marine 1
08-26-2003, 08:09 AM
CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON. KARUMBA A BIG FUSS FOR SOMETHING SO SIMPLE. YES IF YOU WANT THEM NO IF YOU DON'T :eek:

:cool: GEORGE

christyf5
08-26-2003, 10:10 PM
Take a pill George, the deal is done.

Christy :)

Riotfishdude
08-31-2003, 03:00 AM
This post is edited as I don't believe any good can come of it. I assume Christy has made a deal with Jeanna, so I'll close this thread.

Brad