PDA

View Full Version : Moved sebae....ouch...

EmilyB
08-23-2003, 04:17 AM
I bought some new rock recently, one piece designated for the center of my 155g. I removed the enormous sebae and since it was attached to a small rock put it in the corner of the 120g, hoping it will stay there. We will see.

Anyway, the 155g looks awesome with it's new rockscaping. (pics later... :rolleyes: )

However, my arm was completely stung moving the anemone. I look like a junkie with 800 infected needle marks..... :frown:

And the anemone was so heavy, just me lifting it up with my hand to place it into the other tank, my finger went right thru the tissue. I was worried about a bacterial infection, but so far so good. :smile:

AJ_77
08-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Glad you were able to sort that issue out. (You replaced it with a rock??) Looking forward to the pics.

EmilyB
08-23-2003, 06:45 AM
You still looking for a bta...we are in test mode......removed the bta from the maroons, they are sweeping the sebae.....will know more tomorrow..
:biggrin:

sumpfinfishe
08-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Hey Deb
Try peeing are your arm-I hear that it works the same as a jellyfish sting
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

sorry I couldn't resist :exclaim:

cheers, Rich

EmilyB
08-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Now why didn't I think of that..... :mrgreen:

robbyville
08-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Hi Deb,

I know how you feel! If it helps at all for the next time we invested in a pair of those long aquarium gloves, no problems since then! Last week though I caught my wife doing some work in the tank with saran wrap all around her arm...weird

Looking forward to the pics!

Rob

Tau2301
08-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Deb, there is a product out for sunburns and insect bites that should help. We have used in our house for years.

Drum roll please:

Aloe Vera Anesthetic Gel from Friut of the Earth - you can get it at a major drug store.

The Gel in the bottle we currently have is (cool) blue in colour. The previous incarnation the gel was green.

Buccaneer
08-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Hey Deb
Try peeing are your arm-I hear that it works the same as a jellyfish sting
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

sorry I couldn't resist :exclaim:

cheers, Rich

That only works on Black Sea Urchin spines :eek: ... been there done that LOL

Cheers

ABreefkpr
08-28-2003, 06:35 PM
As a diver i've been told that peeing is suppposed to work. Another thing, and something I would try first, is vinegar.

Keith