PDA

View Full Version : Red Coris Wrasse

cchomistek
10-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Was wondering how big these fish get in captivity, also whether anyone have had any problems keeping them with hermit crabs? Anyone with experience with this fish?

Thanks
Craig

fishoholic
10-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Was wondering how big these fish get in captivity, also whether anyone have had any problems keeping them with hermit crabs? Anyone with experience with this fish?

Thanks
Craig

I saw one that got sent to a LFS because it got to big for the owners tank, he was about a foot long, 11-12 inches. I'd say there would probably be a 50/50 chance one would eat hermits, definitely more of a risk the larger the fish is. Here's some info on them http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1379+365&pcatid=365

Marlin65
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I have one in my reef and rarely see it. It never comes out during feeding time.
I am pretty sure it is eating other things in my tank as my smaller corals and rocks get flipped over a lot. He looks fat enough and I have had him for a while now. I don't have a lot of fish in that tank though. Mine is still small but so far so good. I have inverts, clams, and small crabs.

Jordan_Oreo
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I had one and I hated it.. Worst fish I ever had ! it would flip everything over in the tank, like every morning I would wake up to find colonies,frags everything fliped and in the sand. He also ate my whole clean up crew and I never really saw it. I would only see it once maybe twice a week.. I would not recomend this fish.

zeddy
10-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I have only had mine about a week now and not a problam

viperfish
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I had a Formosa Coris and there was not a snail or Hermit to be found after about a week.