PDA

View Full Version : Emergency 33gal needed (Vancouver)

Mr.nintendo
10-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Woke up this morning to see visible signs of distress in my tank, the seem along the front is showing bubbles in the in the silicone and there is salt creep building up along the bottow right corner. I have the tank supported for the time being but I need to find a replacement in the next few days to make sure my newly set-up tank doesn't fall apart just as quickly.

So ya I need to find a cheap 33g drilled tank similar to this one, Money is pretty tight right now so I'll tolerate a scratch if I need to to save my system...

It would be better if it was drilled on the left instead of the right but either works, thank you to anyone who responds. I lack transport of any sort ( I'm a city boy without a car ) but will arrange any means I can to get to the tank or compensate for someone who can deliver, either through some sweet deals tattoo wise or some original artwork.

Heres the culprit tank:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/raika/079.jpg

Mr.nintendo
10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Different drilled styles are an option just wanna make the transition smooth as possible

Mr.nintendo
10-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Also just to state it doesnt necessarily have to be 33 exactly, I will go slightly larger but can go no longer length wise then 40 inches

bowkry
10-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I have a 30 gal cube for sale

Mr.nintendo
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Problem with a cube is my lighting will no longer work, would really prefer to get a standard 36inch long tank.

Well that or up to 40 inchs long, but if it comes down to it I'll consider that or go find a new one online somewhere

hillegom
10-15-2009, 11:37 PM
What kind of stand was this tank on. If it is not solid enough, I hate to see your new tank do the same thing.

Mr.nintendo
10-16-2009, 12:02 AM
The stand is a long well supported display so that isn't the issue I don't think.
The aquarium itself had been running for years before I got it and I think after emptying/moving/cleaning and re-setting up it just took some beating.

Mr.nintendo
10-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Any suggestions on where to find a new one in vancouver? It's getting to the point where I may just have to buy one

hillegom
10-16-2009, 03:43 AM
here you go
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/search/?areaID=16&subAreaID=&query=33+aquarium&catAbbreviation=sss

bigfish
10-16-2009, 07:53 PM
shwa that sux. I totally reconized ur shoes in the pic. Karl has a 27g of mine at her house i could grab that for you, but its not drilled.

Mr.nintendo
10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
ha! ya my beat up old neon cons...

I have a few leads I'm following up on now, night go a bit bigger tank wise and modify my set-up a bit to make it work. I'll keep that one in mind though for sure