PDA

View Full Version : BTA not so hot

belzebuth
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Just wondering what to do with this animal at this point.

My green bubble tip is not looking good. He has shrunk in size and his color his marbled. I also noticed some of my other corals not extending their polyps. I had major electrical upgrade on the house and the tank temperature did drop to 75.6(my fault only one of my heater was plugged to the emergency power source:cry:) I am not sure if I should remove it at this point. My water parameters are all good but there is definitely something going on.

Any advice would be great.

Delphinus
10-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Don't remove it until you are 100% sure it's dead (and trust me, you'll know when it's dead .. if there's any doubt in your mind, then he's not dead, because they turn into a ball of slimey, smelly, snotty goo within hours.) But they can go through rough patches and come out of it just fine.

Here's a thought though: Test your magnesium. I can tell when my magnesium has gotten low (like 1100 or less) just by looking at my anemones (I have carpets and BTA's). They expand considerably less. I dose magnesium back up to 1400 (never more than 100 per day though) and they are back to looking 100%, and full expansion, within days.

belzebuth
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks Tony, I will test the magnesium. Hopefully she will make it. I will also do a water change it might help.

viperfish
10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Just wondering what to do with this animal at this point.

My green bubble tip is not looking good. He has shrunk in size and his color his marbled. I also noticed some of my other corals not extending their polyps. I had major electrical upgrade on the house and the tank temperature did drop to 75.6(my fault only one of my heater was plugged to the emergency power source:cry:) I am not sure if I should remove it at this point. My water parameters are all good but there is definitely something going on.

Any advice would be great.

75.6 shouldn't kill the anemone.

littlesilvermax
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
75.6 shouldn't kill the anemone.

My thoughts as well.

What is your normal temp?

belzebuth
10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Normal temp is around 79.5.

littlesilvermax
10-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Normal temp is around 79.5.

That swing shouldn't have done anything. Maybe a slight bit of stress, but all living creatures get stress everyday.

What happened to you water circulation in that time?

belzebuth
10-15-2009, 07:14 PM
The pump/overflow and skimmer were still running hooked onto my next door neighbor hydro:lol:. The red sea wavemaker was unplugged for about 5 hours, so I had no powerheads running.

I don't know what could of happend? Nothing changed. I did not add anything to the tank. All we did is upgrade the main service on the house and add a sub panel in the fish room. The fish seemed a little freak out when everything was turned back on... I will test all water parameters when I get home. Beside the BTA not looking hot, My Anthelia is not looking good and the GSP are not extending their polyps. Everything else look fine.

I am also making salt water, getting ready for a water change.

belzebuth
10-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Tony,
You were right, I tested for Magnesium last night.... 1080 Wow ! Calcium was also low 380. I am currently bringing this up slowly. I should hopefully see an improvement within a few days.

Thank you guys for your assistance. I don't usually test Mag since my water changes are frequent enough but with the house renos the tank has been neglected a bit. Time to catch up on things.:razz: