PDA

View Full Version : You guys don't know how lucky you are!

MalHavoc
08-21-2003, 11:32 PM
I just need to vent for a minute. For the last five months, I've been trying to find an Oceanic dealer in eastern Canada. They simply do not exist anywhere east of Ontario, apparently. The Pets Unlimited stores here in Halifax carry Oceanic products, but when I went in this morning to talk to a sales guy in the aquarium products department, he laughed at my request to order something custom in. They only stock what the central office sells them. Really frustrating, especially when I see how many Oceanic dealers there are out west.

I can get All-Glass out here (via special order through the one LFS in Halifax), but that's it. :frown:

Canadian Man
08-21-2003, 11:53 PM
What about Jason at SWC or Inter american?

I realize your looking for an Oceanic tank but there are other (maybe better) options.

pluff
08-22-2003, 12:08 AM
You can try PET CORRAL in Saint John.....Andy the owner,he got me my 75 gallon tank.So i'm sure he can hook you up with a tank.Heres the #(506) 672-7387.Good Luck!!

MalHavoc
08-22-2003, 12:47 AM
What about Jason at SWC or Inter american?

I realize your looking for an Oceanic tank but there are other (maybe better) options.

I've thought long and hard about IA, especially originally, but, to be honest, I can't risk the occasional "change" that seems to happen. I know Mitch and friends make a good product, and they are reasonably priced, etc, etc, but you get what you ask for with Oceanic. I'm all the time reading about IA customers over on RC that get tanks that are a bit longer/shorter/taller than they wanted, or have different sized bulkheads, or overflows in different spots, etc. The 15 year warranty on Oceanic tanks helps as well. I'm days away from IA by car, so I can't pop in to see how the tank is coming like you Calgary folks can :)

What does Jason at SWC do? Is he affiliated with IA? Or is he a different builder? I've spoken with Jason on the phone before and have ordered from him, so I was wondering if there was a connection.

MalHavoc
08-22-2003, 12:48 AM
You can try PET CORRAL in Saint John.....Andy the owner,he got me my 75 gallon tank.So i'm sure he can hook you up with a tank.Heres the #(506) 672-7387.Good Luck!!

Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow. At least it's a new lead.

Doug
08-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Jason builds his own tanks. Most of our tanks are 5/8th in. glass tanks, built by him.

MalHavoc
08-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Just a follow up. I called Pet Corral and I was told that they only carry Tropic and All-Glass, but the nice lady who answered the phone is going to pass the message on to Andy who will call me back when he is in.

pluff, is your 75 gallon tank an Oceanic tank?

UnderWorldAquatics
08-22-2003, 06:31 PM
From my experience with oceanic they have great tanks but if you want something custom you better be willing to wait awhile. What size and shape of a tank are you looking for?

MalHavoc
08-22-2003, 07:29 PM
I don't mind the wait. I've slowly putting together my parts for the new system. I had originally planned on a stock "reef ready" 48x24x24 (120). I know Oceanic does custom work, but the costs start to creep in, and the wait, as you mentioned.

If I went with a custom tank from IA or someone, I'd probably bump the front-to-back depth to 28" and do it with eurobracing and starphire glass.

UnderWorldAquatics
08-22-2003, 07:56 PM
personally I would recomend going with IA. Mitch is good...
and it would be a much nicer tank with the extra depth and starfire glass.and you would get it alot sooner than later...

MalHavoc
08-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Alrighty. I think I'm convinced. after searching and reading through past threads, I'm going to give Mitch a call. Maybe I'll come out and live in Calgary for a few weeks and make a pest out of myself while it's being built.