PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest - Adult or Quarter sized brine shrimps

Chin_Lee
10-13-2009, 12:29 AM
None of the LFS in the Lower Mainland are selling adult brine shrimps so I'm looking to ship order brine shrimps from the states.

I'm looking to gauge interest in the freshwater / saltwater communities to buy some if I bring some in. I only need to buy some for my baby bangaii cardinals but to optimize the shipping costs vs product cost, I'm looking to offset my shipping costs by selling what people are interested in buying.

I'm looking to order quarter-adult sized and adult sized shrimps. To make this worthwhile, I will need to sell 25 portions of the shrimps at $3 or 20 portions at $4. Each portion will be approx 1100 (+/- 100) shrimps.

If you are interested, please post your interest on this thread so others can see it.

Thanks
Chin Lee

Ron99
10-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Why not just hatch and rear them yourself? It's pretty easy and they grow quickly.

BlueWorldAquatic
10-13-2009, 12:48 AM
It's the amount of time and space needed. I know we purchase ours in 1/4 pint sizes.

Ken

fkshiu
10-13-2009, 12:48 AM
I used to hatch BBS by the millions when I was breeding FW fish. Although simple, it does become a PITA and you can end up with a mess of bubblers and brine water everywhere.

Chin_Lee
10-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Why not just hatch and rear them yourself? It's pretty easy and they grow quickly.
OK if you rear them for me, I'll pay you what i'm going to pay for them to be shipped....... I've tried. Very easy to hatch, easy to keep alive for a week, not so easy to keep them alive and raise them to adult sizes.

targa81
10-13-2009, 03:32 AM
I hatch BBS regularly which is easy, raising them is not so easy though and not worth the hastle. I'd gladly be in on some adult ones if you bring them in Chin.

sharuq1
10-13-2009, 03:35 AM
I'd be interested if I have money when it happens and we could get them to red deer.

VFX
10-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Hey Chin

I'd be up for load of adult sized ones.

Maybe 5-10 portions depending on what it takes to get this order going.

Chin_Lee
10-13-2009, 05:32 AM
I think this is going to happen!! I'll update tomorrow

Chin_Lee
10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm expecting shipment arrival on this Friday. They should be ready for pickup starting Friday night.
I would love to accomodate everybody's conditions of sale but when I'm trying to recuperate costs, I'm sorry but I cannot fulfill requests based on maybe's.
I will accomodate people's geographical locations north of the Fraser River by bringing portions to SeahorseFanatic's house in Burnaby (area of Kingsway/Imperial)and he can be a pickup point for your portions.
Here's what I have for commitments (please advise if you wish to be added or removed and if you want more or less portions). I will be sending out PMs to each of you to confirm where you would like to pick up your portions.
BCAQUARIA members:
SHF - 2 portions
24/7 - 2 portions
Rogue - 2 portions
fkshiu - 2 portions
BCMosaic - 2 portions
icecool217 - 2 portions
Budahrox - 2 portions
BaobeiZhu - 2 portions
Smiladon - 2 portions
CANREEF members:
Targa81 - 2 portions
VFX - 5-10 portions

megs_clark
10-13-2009, 10:05 PM
If i added these to my tank would they breed on their own in my tank?

Chin_Lee
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
probably not - they would get eaten way before they can breed

Chin_Lee
10-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Please refer to this post on www.BCAQUARIA.COM (http://www.BCAQUARIA.COM) as the most up to date post.
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?p=260061

No further posts will be made on this thread.
PM me if you are interested from Canreef and you do not have an account on BCAQUARIA.

Thanks
Chin