PDA

View Full Version : Another Monster update.

Canadian Man
08-21-2003, 06:30 AM
Well, it's almost done. The Tank room that is :mrgreen:

-Wall's are painted.
-Floor installed.
-Trim installed and painted.
-Door (with lock to keep the up and comming little one's out of there) almost done being painted.
-Light hood installed with a pulley system that raises the hood up so there is about 12" of clearance between the bottom of the hood and top of tank.
I am very impressed with this system of having my light's mounted :mrgreen:

All I need to finish before the move is to finish painting the door and do some touchup's on the wall. Put the sump on some 2x4's and then the big swap day is ready. Phewww that up and comming day makes me exhausted just thinking about it.

ciao

Quinn
08-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Jon you should get someone to paint a cool reef-scene on the inside walls or something. Or at least the door. Or maybe not. But I used to love the interior of the McMahon Joey's Only when I was a kid, with the moorish idols and stuff on the walls.

spikehs
08-21-2003, 01:38 PM
pssh, what a lousy update, no pics! :biggrin:

Canadian Man
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
pssh, what a lousy update, no pics! :biggrin: :razz: Well it was 12:30 when I posted this and I needed to go to bed. I will get you some pics this morning.

spikehs
08-21-2003, 03:07 PM
sounds good to me!

EmilyB
08-21-2003, 04:57 PM
I have air pumps if you need them for critters while you are switching.

Besides I want to see all the happy little fish faces when they go into that big tank.... :mrgreen:

Delphinus
08-21-2003, 05:23 PM
When is the big move day? Know yet?

Canadian Man
08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey Tony,
I don't know for sure yet but I may find out today if I get my schedule at work. It will be next week for sure. I was going to do it this week but I am going away for a business trip to Wisconsen over the weekend so that's not a great idea to switch it over and leave Kate to deal with it :rolleyes:
Next Week! YEA!!

Here are some pics. This is a front shot with the radium's installed. There is 2 radium's and there is going to be 2 Iwasaki (250W) bulbs on there as well. It's going to be HOT :evil:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=79&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

THis pic is to show off my flooring installation skills! And my 100g sump. The sump will sit closer toward the stand and the 75g refugium will sit to the right of the sump along the other wall.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=78&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

THis shot is of my pulley system. I am so impressed with how this work's and the adjustability is awsome! Very happy. It's quick release as well so If I need to get the hood off then is quite simple.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=77&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Here is an overall view of the pulley system. It's adjustable VIA a dog leash clip and a long section of chain :mrgreen:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=76&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Cheers

spikehs
08-21-2003, 05:48 PM
nice job, the back area looks nice and clean (atleast for now eh?)

Delphinus
08-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Looking great! Wisconsin eh, hehe, we're not too far away from each other.

Canadian Man
08-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Looking great! Wisconsin eh, hehe, we're not too far away from each other.

Yea it's not to shabby. I get paid to ride all the new 04 bikes and take a little trip. :mrgreen:

AJ_77
08-21-2003, 07:35 PM
How cool is all THAT? :biggrin: Yee-haw....

Are you putting in a room-length counter with dual stainless sinks, commercial size?

That pulley system looks pretty slick indeed - are you going to use safety cables at all, or would the hood land squarely on top of the tank if it ever let go? (Not if only one side failed, mind you...)

Looks like another "inspection" is in order! :wink:

Canadian Man
08-21-2003, 09:46 PM
How cool is all THAT? :biggrin: Yee-haw....

Are you putting in a room-length counter with dual stainless sinks, commercial size?

That pulley system looks pretty slick indeed - are you going to use safety cables at all, or would the hood land squarely on top of the tank if it ever let go? (Not if only one side failed, mind you...)

Looks like another "inspection" is in order! :wink:

Thanks Buddy!

Well I do have a lundry sink there I just ahve to come up with a counter design.
I don't believe any safety cables are needed. I used climbing rope and you know the way I build things :biggrin: I origionaly strung it up with stainless steel cables but they didn't work well on the pulley's that were designed for rope. The hood would probably be ok if one side let go.

A new visit would be good!
Alot has changed from when you saw it last.