PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Watchman Gobby

edikpok
10-12-2009, 01:13 AM
About 6 months ago I "lost" my yellow watchman gobby in my 12g aquapod. I could never find his body but I assumed that it was somewhere in the rocks. Yesterday, when I was cleaning the tank, I saw a fish stuck in one of the back compartments in the aquapod! Soon I realized it was my favorite gobby!!! I managed to catch him out of there and place him in the main tank. He did not look as yellow and as good as when he disappeared but the point is - he was alive!!!!!! after 6 months of almost no light and barely any food. It is completely amazing.

Yesterday and today he was eating fine. Hopefully, he will become as yellow as he used to be a while back.:smile:

Lance
10-12-2009, 01:26 AM
It never fails to amaze me how tough fish can be sometimes, and then other times they seem to die for no apparent reason. Strange.

TheMikey
10-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Don't worry about the colour. My YWG changes from bright yellow to pale white from time to time. I have also heard that, depending on the sex, they change colour as they mature as well... but I've never seen that backed up by any source.

I'm sure the Goby will be back to its regular colour in no time!

MrsBugmaster
10-13-2009, 05:31 PM
I have learned with my 12 gal that when ever a fish is misssing the first place to look is the back chambers. Luckily I have always found the missing fish in there alive and well.

kien
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
That is an amazing story! I wish all fish were like this. Some seem to be bulletproof while others will kick the bucket if you so much as look at them the wrong way :-(