PDA

View Full Version : is this a flatworm / I have flatworms. Anyone use levamisole with a anemone in tank?

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Hi, i keep finding things on my glass, and im a little paranoid. Is this flatworm?? (iv never attached a picture so dont know if it will work)

noirsphynx
10-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Hi, i keep finding things on my glass, and im a little paranoid. Is this flatworm?? (iv never attached a picture so dont know if it will work)

Yup, that'd be a flatworm.

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 01:11 AM
awww, that sucks. Was hoping for a no, lol.

blueyota
10-11-2009, 01:23 AM
how do ya get rid of them ....cause i think i might have some to

Atomikk
10-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Do you have another picture that shows the head of this flatworm? I want to see if this is the common Planaria flatworm.

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 01:28 AM
I was just googling that, seems to be mixed reviews between flatworm treatmints which im reading wont kill the eggs or buying a 6 line wrasse to eat em? I have some corals that have been dying slowly from the bass up but have never seen them on the coral, but its the only thing i can think that is causing them to die. Are you having any problems with your coral? I just noticed them in my qt tank. Lots. The crazy thing is that its been sitting with just water and bairly any water movement for months. No food water changes, top offs nothing. not even a heater, cant imagine what the waters like in their and yet theirs tons on the glass. They must have came from some live rock i bought awhile back because nothing has ever been in the tank other then live rock. They are resilient little buggers ay

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Their so small, and mostly clear, i cant get a better picture, that one was through a magnafying glass. And i cant see the head myself looking though it either, are some flatworms less trouble then others, i was reading about red or brown ones but these are clearish or white

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Blueyota For getting rid of them it sounds like this levamisole stuff works for treating your whole tank. If you enter levamisole in the search option on here you can see other peoples results,

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 04:01 AM
I was wondering. After alot of reading it sounds like treating the tank with levamisole will be my best bet and cheapest to get rid of them all. If anyone on here has used this methode on the hole tank, can you tell me if it will kill my saddle carpet anemone? I read everything from softies to snails all seem to recover from the treatments, but i havnt found anyone say anything about a anemone. Any advice on that

blueyota
10-11-2009, 05:33 AM
from what i can see this is the type i have on my monti....
see if this works http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~bu6/flat0096.html

blueyota
10-11-2009, 05:37 AM
and you say a six line wrasse will eat them im not sure if i have alot of them but i can see five on my monti they dont move ...that i have noticed .. i only noticed two days ago....but looks like a new fish soon :lol:

megs_clark
10-11-2009, 05:42 AM
When i googled flatworms that was what i was reading, that six line wrass and their were other fish as well that ate them, but i read if you have alot of flatworms that they may not get them all because they dont eat the eggs so i think it depends on the severaty of them. I think what you have is some type of nudibranch. Mine are smooth on top. Theirs different types of flatworm but i think cuz yous is bumpy on top its more likely a nudibranch. So it might be different fish that eat them???

bvlester
10-11-2009, 05:58 AM
well if it is nudibranch they are spesific feeders and if they do not have what the eat in the tank they die. some eat algea and other corals and so on some eat atapia. So if they are nudibranch you will have to find out what they eat and move it out of your tank. Easiest and safest way to get rid of nudibranch's that is I guess. If it is flat worms read up on them on here there are quite afew post about it on here.

Bill

blueyota
10-11-2009, 06:13 AM
does anyone know if sixline wrasses are really aggressive or how they are towards smaller fish i have two hector gobys that are kinda small will they get bullied around or be fine (sorry dont mean to hijack your thread).....Thanks

blueyota
10-11-2009, 06:15 AM
i will have to do more reading ...lol

Skimmerking
10-11-2009, 01:28 PM
6 line can get agressive when they get older. I had a yellow coris wrasse eat mine and a leopard too will do the trick........

Marlin65
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
and you say a six line wrasse will eat them im not sure if i have alot of them but i can see five on my monti they dont move ...that i have noticed .. i only noticed two days ago....but looks like a new fish soon :lol:

If they are on your Monti"s and they are Nudies they are eating your Montie's
Best to remove them or glue them with frag glue to seal them and the eggs in.
Monti eating nudies are white and zoo eating nudies are brown. Both are bad and hard to eradicate.

To the best of my knowledge the red flatworms multiply by division not from eggs. They go though cycles from a few to thousands. Thats why you can use the treatment. Just be sure to remove as many as you can first. I am not sure about the nem I don't like using chemical stuff like that on my tank as i find it hard to believe it will only kill one thing.

Chin_Lee
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
i've used levamisole in my tank and i have 2 anenomes. no problems.

megs_clark
10-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh thats good to hear Chin-Lee. I was worries using levamisole would damage my anemone and wipe out the things in my tank. Where did you buy your Levamisole from and did you do more then one dose?