PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Reef Crew Your Source for Live Marine Food

theshad
08-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Reef Crew is a Canadian Company specializing in Live Marine Food for the marine aquarist.
With the number of people keeping marine aquariums in their homes and offices growing everyday, the need to properly maintain and feed these fragile ecosystems is also increasing. Many of you are aware of what you should be feeding your tanks but may be unaware of where to get the necessary foods.

We are your single point to purchase the live food that your marine aquariums demand.

Reef Crew was created in order to fill what we feel to be a void in the Canadian saltwater aquarium market. We are hobbyists as well and we found it difficult to locate a reliable and local source for live marine food. The ability to ship live food or animals across international borders is getting harder and more costly. Reef Crew has now provided you with an alternative.

For more information visit our web site at http://www.reefcrew.com

Mak
08-20-2003, 10:58 PM
Hey, sounds great to me.

I think you guys should get your hands on as much stuff as you can get, cause I know I will when your up and running.

theshad
08-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Mak is there anything that you would be interested in that is not an item we already are in the progress of culturing?

Mak
08-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Well I know it's not exactly for the Reef, but how about some medium to large sized feeder Shrimp?. These would be great for FO/FOWLR, Lionfish and other more agressive eaters.

BCOrchidGuy
01-16-2004, 03:41 AM
I just placed an order with them last night, I got an immediate reply that one item was out of stock with an optional item, the email said they wouldn't proceed with my order until I got back to them (I like that), I ordered the alternate item and I got a confirmation that it would be sent out today.

I'll let you all know tomorrow how it worked out. I ordered some phytoplankton, some Guillards and a rotifer screen.

Doug

UnderWorldAquatics
01-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Are your live Mysid Shrimp, freshwater or saltwater??? Thanks, and if they are freshwater, how did you manage to get the liscensing to ship them in canada?

Veng68
01-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Are your live Mysid Shrimp, freshwater or saltwater??? Thanks, and if they are freshwater, how did you manage to get the liscensing to ship them in canada?

I think these dudes are in TO :)

Cheers,
Vic

Veng68
01-16-2004, 09:30 AM
How about Ciliates? Have you tried that out yet? Martin Moe was using them for a while.

Cheers,
Vic

theshad
01-16-2004, 11:17 AM
We are located in the Toronto area. The Mysis that we will be offering are Saltwater. All the foods that we offer are for a saltwater enviroment.

As for Ciliates, there are a number of items that would like to explore however our focus at the moment is being able to provide our full product line. Once we have all our current items available then we will be looking at other items that we may offer.

We have had requests for Shrimp, micro worms, different sizes of Copepods (We curently offer the small and would like to offer a larger type. and I guess now we can add Ciliates to the list.

fishnut
01-16-2004, 02:43 PM
Thumbs up for Reef Crew.

I've had nothing but excellent service and top notch products from them.

Any questions I had were answered promptly from their website.

Good person to deal with, IMO.

UnderWorldAquatics
01-16-2004, 04:28 PM

I think these dudes are in TO :)

Cheers,
Vic

toronto is in canada.....I was asking because you cant leagaly ship live freshwater mysis unless you have a friend in the goverment...lol

BCOrchidGuy
01-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Got my order this morning ... WOW, excellent stuff. There was a problem with UPS so they sent me a new tracking number right away, they were concerned about the cell densities of the Isocrysis that I was sent so they sent a Free litre of Nanochloropsis just incase but the Isocrysis was meant to be used right away.

I'd not have any reservations about buying from them again.

Doug

theshad
01-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Glad to hear that everything met with your expectations. We do everything we possibly can to ensure that you are happy.

As always if you have any questions please let us know.