PDA

View Full Version : Places to stop at

Jyman
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Im heading down through Calgary this weekend is there any Stores that I should stop and have a look at.

globaldesigns
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
There are stores you should always stop at, and others to run away from... I will just tell you the ones I deal with and why... If I don't mention others, then keep away.

Gold's Aquarium - SE Calgary on 17th Ave - Lots of nice fish, Dennis does a great job of them and won't let fish go unless they are ready... Also great pricing on dry goods, etc.

Red Coral - NW Calgary - Great place for corals, Live Rock, etc. Kevin there is great and will spend time with you just chatting about things. I tend to get all my coral and rock from him now.

Ocean City - SW Calgary on 16th Ave - Very clean, fish and coral are in great shape... I have purchased many things there, and would recommend.

Well these are the only 3 I deal with on a regular basis and would not hesitate to recommend.

Have fun when you come down to CowTown

Rick

xtreme
10-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I agree with Rick, those are the only three I shop at.

karazy
10-09-2009, 12:57 AM
i like:
-elite aquatics
-Wais (beautiful coral selection)
-and ocean city.

hope this helps :)

Ryan
10-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Red Coral, Ocean City, and I enjoy stopping at Big Al's to see all the fish.

We got to Red Coral for all the Zoanthids and to BS with Doug while we are there. Although if your looking for SPS I have seen some nice pieces come out of Wai's 3 weekends ago.

365seasons
10-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Red Coral is our favorite. Kevin's very helpful and theres a lot of cool corals in stock all the time.

Have a good trip into Calgary