PDA

View Full Version : Green Star Polyp

Snufflupagus
10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello All,

My green star polyp used to be full, bushy and over growing rocks like crazy, I loved the look of it, but recently I add some rock work into my tank and since my green star polyp has totally went into hiding, or dying off. It's a shame really. Of the four pieces I have, only two of them coming out now and even when they are out, they aren't that green, their white center comes out showing more then the green limbs. I'm wondering if anyone can help me in figuring out what would cause this. I've checked all my water levels and things are fine and dandy. Any suggestions would be grand, I'd really like to get my green star polyp back to being thick, bright green looking grass. Thanks in advance.

andestang
10-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Maybe post your perimeter readings. Sounds like something is not in a range that they like. Also the rock you added, was it from another tank and was it fully cured ?

simplycoral
10-07-2009, 07:43 PM
It may have something to do with water flow or lighting. I always find that my GSP is sensitive to changes...

Try adjusting your water movement so that they are getting a decent amount of flow also check that you have not cast a shadow over them with your new rock work.

Regards, Simon

fishytime
10-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Unless its physically melting away, dont worry about it too much....mine went through periods of being closed for weeks at a time sometimes and then bounced back like the cockroa *ahem* hardy coral that it is...that being said.....some people(very few) cant keep it for some reason.