PDA

View Full Version : chiller question

tlo
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM
HI, I am just setting up my chiller and I have a perfect space for it under my tank stand. I am worried that there will not be enough air circulation. How much heat do they put off when they are running? There is only a small hole cut in the back for plumbing and wires - other than that it is completly closed. Is it likely to overheat?
thanks

Oceanic
10-05-2009, 07:02 PM
HI, I am just setting up my chiller and I have a perfect space for it under my tank stand. I am worried that there will not be enough air circulation. How much heat do they put off when they are running? There is only a small hole cut in the back for plumbing and wires - other than that it is completly closed. Is it likely to overheat?
thanks

Chillers put out tons of heat, at least mine does anyway. I would put it somewhere that has plenty of airflow since it will not be very efficient when using its own heated air to cool. You may also shorten its life if it runs too hot too often.

tlo
10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
thats what I thought - Oh well, I guess it'll have to go beside the tank. It was just such a perfect spot for it, I thought I'd try.
thanks for the quick response.

lngrhaul
10-06-2009, 04:39 AM
I agree - mine put out a lot of heat as well. Best to be in an area that is better ventalated and won't add to the problem.