PDA

View Full Version : tunze osmolator warranty? help plz

sharuq1
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Does tunze stand behind their warranty? I have an osmolator that the sensors seem to have been going on and today the thing overfilled my sump and I found water on my floor. I tried to call them but the number is from Germany and the line gave me a busy signal. I emailed their general info. address but I am worried they will give me the run around as so many companies do when it comes to a warranty replacement.

Has anyone ever replaced anything through the warranty? If so how did you go about doing it?

xtreme
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I would send a PM to Roger on the Tunze forum on RC.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/member.php?u=787

mseepman
10-05-2009, 12:05 AM
You won't get any help from Roger...he only handles the US.

The guys that do Canada are terrible...and I mean UGLY with a capital UGH.

Contact for them is:

xeniaservice@sympatico.ca
His name is Phil and he's very very busy and only checks mail sporadically. They will eventually help you though.

Hope that works for you.

Borderjumper
10-05-2009, 12:38 AM
You won't get any help from Roger...he only handles the US.

The guys that do Canada are terrible...and I mean UGLY with a capital UGH.

Contact for them is:

xeniaservice@sympatico.ca
His name is Phil and he's very very busy and only checks mail sporadically. They will eventually help you though.

Hope that works for you.

Roger is a great guy.. and he will help you, but only after Phil ignores you for a month or so.

What about the store you bought if from? They should be able to order replacement parts.

saltaddict
10-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Tunze stands by their products IMO. Phil from Xenia has provided excellent customer service to me for my warranty issues. He shipped out a replacement part to me the next day after filling out the warranty form on thier website. This is why I continue to buy Tunze products.

Xenia North America Inc. website (warranty form at bottom of page)

http://www.xeniainc.com/

sharuq1
10-05-2009, 03:33 AM
Are they willing to just ship the replacement parts or does one generally have to go through the hassle of shipping the whole unit over there and back? I'd even be willing to buy the dang replacements if it would be quicker.

fkshiu
10-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Where did you get it from? IME Jeff at J&L has always been fantastic directly with Tunze warranty stuff.

sharuq1
10-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Wai's in Calgary

str255
10-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Tunze stands by their products IMO. Phil from Xenia has provided excellent customer service to me for my warranty issues. He shipped out a replacement part to me the next day after filling out the warranty form on thier website. This is why I continue to buy Tunze products.

Xenia North America Inc. website (warranty form at bottom of page)

http://www.xeniainc.com/

I will second that ... Phil's customer service has been super for me!

Also ... just to check ... is there anyway the water can be siphoning from the top-off container into the tank/sump? The output end of the top-off tubing should be substantially higher than top-off container.

Red Coral Aquariums
10-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Kelly;

Phil has been excellent with regards to customer service and Red Coral. If you purchased the Tunze Ato from Red Coral we will replace the part at the store and send the old one away for a new one and get a new one shipped to us for our stock.
Call me Kelly if you need any assistance.
Kevin

RuGlu6
10-06-2009, 03:16 AM
also check if your sensor is clean, mine was covered in some slime but after a sipmle wipe, it was back to normal

sharuq1
10-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the info. everyone. I'm going to get in contact with the people listed in this thread and see what can be done. :smile:

sharuq1
10-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Update: Wow, I am super impressed. I contacted the guy in the states, the UK and the Canadian dealer (the xenia one). The UK wanted me to ship the unit all the way to them & the states guy directed me to the canadian dealer. I filled out the form on their website and a while went by with no response. I was expecting to get the run around, then suddenly today a new controller showed up on my doorstep. That I was not expecting at all. I guess the rumors are true, Tunze does rock. :biggrin: