PDA

View Full Version : LPS AND SPS MIXED what is the max you can have

Skimmerking
10-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Ok Im getting the ich to add other things to my SPS tank, I'm thinking of reaquascaping the tank and selling off some of the sps. I 'm getting the bug looking at the Acans, blasto's and the micros that Colby is selling at bayside. :cry: thanks colby.
lol anyways i have some acans and blasto's in the bottom of the tank. Im looking at more brains and adding alot more differet Ricordias and acans too. how much is too much. understanding that you still need to have lots of water movement in the tank for the SPS. but how little movement can you go to ensure that the sps are getting enough water movement. who here has lots of LPS and SPS mixed together.

lets see the tanks

whatcaneyedo
10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I prefer to do zones with my tank. The upper middle zone is where most of my flow is concentrated so that is where I focus my MH and place my SPS. Around the sides and low in the sandbed the flow is more mild and there are shaded areas so that is where the LPS go. I will personally never put any kind of mushroom into a mixed reef again, in time they have a way of taking over and can inflict a powerful sting on other corals.

LPS cant be stocked as densely as SPS as well so keep that in mind. Because they can inflate and send out sweeper tentacles some need up to a few inches between them and neighboring colonies.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/whatcaneyedo/Picture028.jpg

Skimmerking
10-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Sweet man i love your tank with the fu man chu lion fish they would be awesome in my tank ,however i have shrimp so i cant i love my blood shrimp and cleaners i have 4 blood and 4 cleaners in my tank

dreef
10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
I'll trade you a multi colored brain that originally came from bayside.For some odd reason my orange shouldered tang likes to keep picking at it,would gladly swap for sps.

Ryan
10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
I have alot of SPS frags in my tank up above and below is quiet a few LPS (acans Mussa, Blasto, Open Brain) I also had Zoanthids mixed in but they have scince been moved onto the frag racks and are slowly goin into another tank.

I havent noticed any problems other than one day my birdsnest fell onto my Radio Active Dragon Eye Zoanthids when it was on the rack and the top of the birdnest got killed. The bottom is still doing okay has has shown lots of growth but it doesnt seem to be regrowing over the exposed skeleton.

PS. Colby did post some really nice LPS. How are you having them shipped, plane or overnight fedex?

Skimmerking
10-04-2009, 11:46 PM
im talking with him now i have bought lots from vcolby too.

Dreef what brain do yuou have man post me a picture