PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce myself

MrsBugmaster
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. I am currently living in Indianapolis,IN, US. My husband's job is transferring us to Saskatoon sometime in Nov or Dec of this yr. I currently have a 52 gal bow front reef tank. It has been set up for 11 months now. So I guess you could say I am still a newbie,LOL I will not be bringing my tank with me but will be purchasing one when we get settled in Saskatoon. Looking forward to meeting some fellow reefers when we get moved. And checking out the local SW stores.

lastlight
10-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Now that's what I call preparing to move the right way! You've got a new MSG board lined up so you're halfway done ;) welcome to canreef!

Doug
10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Welcome
to
Canreef

:welcome:

fishytime
10-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Howdy.....and welcome to canreef....you found the right place:biggrin:

argan
10-03-2009, 04:15 PM
sounds like time for an upgrade?
maybe to a 130g :lol::lol:

belzebuth
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Welcome to Canreef.:biggrin:

mseepman
10-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Welcome to Canreef...I'm sure you will find some great reefers in Saskatoon on here.

Are you planning to upgrade the size of your tank?

Lance
10-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome to Canreef. You realize of course that you have to become a hockey fan now. :mrgreen:

MrsBugmaster
10-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.:biggrin:

As far as upgrading tank I am not sure since this will be a temporary transfer for 2 to 3 yrs then moving back here again. We will be renting a house so I have to wait and see what the lease says about fish tank sizes and such. So I am thinking of maybe doing a nano of some kind. Maybe a 34 gal. Not sure if I am buying new or maybe a used one. I am kinda leaning towards a AIO tank if buying new. I will have to see what is available in the area for both new and used.

I don't know about the hockey...do you guys get American Football on cable tv up there?? My husband just ordered a new lap top so hopefully we can at least watch our Indianapolis Colts play on-line. We are both big American football fans:razz:

Lance
10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.:biggrin:

I don't know about the hockey...do you guys get American Football on cable tv up there?? My husband just ordered a new lap top so hopefully we can at least watch our Indianapolis Colts play on-line. We are both big American football fans:razz:

Yup. NFL is big up here too. I guess you're a big Peyton Manning fan eh?
(Notice how I slipped the Canadian... eh? in there).:lol:
I'm a football fan myself. 49'ers fan for years. Way back to pre-Joe Montana days.

Keri
10-03-2009, 08:58 PM

Nope, no football, can't get good reception in our igloos ;) (Just kidding ;) ) Lots of stuff here is the same, I think you're going to like it here :) Well, aside from winter (sorry about that in advance)

WELCOME TO CANREEF!! :) I look forward to pics of your new setup when you get it :) (a fresh start, how fun!)

fishoholic
10-04-2009, 04:54 AM
:welcome: Glad to hear you're going to stay in the hobby :biggrin:

MrsBugmaster
10-04-2009, 12:48 PM
:welcome: Glad to hear you're going to stay in the hobby :biggrin:

Me too LOL, I told my husband I would move to Canada only if I could set up another tank. :multi: So he agreed.

A good friend of ours is going to take my current tank and take care of it for me and then give everything (that is still alive in 3 yrs) back when we move back. Although I told him I would split all the corals with him if he wants to stay in the hobby .This will be his first SW tank, but if I can do it, he can too. I am going to miss my Blue Spotted Jawfish though. It is my favorite fish I have right now. But on the other hand I am looking forward to trying something new!

Skimmerking
10-04-2009, 01:58 PM
hey welcome to CANREEF too. well you do have the right place to check out salt water questions. you and must check out BAYSIDE CORALS when you get in to SASKATOON, that guy has the amazing stuff that he sells and im 6 hours aways from him too...

once again welcome EH !!!!!!!! :lol:

BlueAbyss
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
+1 on checking out Bayside Corals, awesome store and I love my green Palys. And welcome to Canreef!

Kryptic4L
10-11-2009, 05:54 AM
the colts? isnt that where my qb eli's deadbeat brother plays :) :lol:

welcome to canada. when you get here

Snappy
10-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Welcome to CanReef and Welcome to Canada.

MrsBugmaster
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
the colts? isnt that where my qb eli's deadbeat brother plays :) :lol:

welcome to canada. when you get here

Deadbeat?? Did I read that right? Who won when we went head to head with "your gb"? We did! :pm Which qb holds the most records? And who has a children's hopital named after him? My man Peyton does. :mrgreen: Now who's the deadbeat brother? LOL Wouldn't it be awesome if Colts and Giants went to Super Bowl this year?!

We will be in Canada house hunting Oct. 22 thru the 24th and actual move date is undetermined yet but looking at sometime Nov 15 to Dec 15th. Just in time for the cold weather season...brrrrrr

mike31154
10-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Ha, ha, check the weather now, the cold is already here, even in the balmy Okanagan Valley!! Welcome to the Cool Pool.

workn2hard2day
10-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Just in time for the cold weather season...brrrrrr uh oh..... it is supposed to snow there this week.
You will find the a great past time for people living in British Columbia is to harras the poor silly frozen people of the Prairies :lol:
ps you dont have any season tickets you won't be using do you? :mrgreen:

MrsBugmaster
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
uh oh..... it is supposed to snow there this week.
You will find the a great past time for people living in British Columbia is to harras the poor silly frozen people of the Prairies :lol:
ps you dont have any season tickets you won't be using do you? :mrgreen:

You had to tell me that didn't you. It is in the 50's here for the high's and 40's for the low's. Although my 7 yr daughter is looking forward to lots of snow!

No we don't have any season tickets. Last year we got 62" HD TV with Bose sound system and that is a better seat then at the stadium. LOL (and this tv is coming with us) Although I did want to go to a least one game to see the new stadium. Don't think I will make it now. Oh well.

workn2hard2day
10-13-2009, 11:21 PM
You daughter is going to be very very happy. I lived in Regina when I was about that age, I loved the snow then :biggrin:

MrsBugmaster
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi all,
Well we have finaly made it to Saskatoon! We arrived on Nov. 25. Now that most of the unpacking is finished and we are getting settled in, I am hoping to start with my new Solana 34 gal tank in the next week or two. I will post pics as I go.

sphelps
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Welcome! Be sure to check out Bayside Corals here in town if you haven't already. It's all we got but we all love it anyway :mrgreen:

BC564
01-07-2010, 09:46 PM
welcome to Canada......hope your staying warm.

Leah
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi and welcome!

Colby gives great service for sure.
He impressed the pants off of me with all his help tracking down my order.

Skimmerking
01-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Hi and welcome!

Colby gives great service for sure.
He impressed the pants off of me with all his help tracking down my order.
where are your pants now:mrgreen:

oh ya Welcome to CANREEF you are now A GAPPER

MrsBugmaster
01-08-2010, 12:12 AM

oh ya Welcome to CANREEF you are now A GAPPER

OK, Sorry but I have to ask, what is a GAPPER?

Skimmerking
01-08-2010, 12:24 AM
a Gapper is a term we use where Alberta and Manitoba have this Gap in between them....... EH .:lol:

muck
01-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Mike (Asmodeus) is a good guy, but he makes stuff up. I have never heard of a GAPPER.

I think you might have been a little too close to the last blast on your latest avalanche patrol Mike. :razz::razz:

Oh... and a big Welcome to Canada MrsBugmaster!!

Leah
01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=asmodeus;479314]where are your pants now:mrgreen:

That is enough out of you CAVEMAN :wink: LMAO

Skimmerking
01-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Mike (Asmodeus) is a good guy, but he makes stuff up. I have never heard of a GAPPER.

I think you might have been a little too close to the last blast on your latest avalanche patrol Mike. :razz::razz:

Actually its used all over the military,
i just assumed that it would have leaked out to the civilian world. that is what you get for assuming.:sad:

Skimmerking
01-08-2010, 02:14 AM
[quote=asmodeus;479314]where are your pants now:mrgreen:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:drinking:

fishoholic
01-08-2010, 03:29 AM

i just assumed that it would have leaked out to the civilian world. that is what you get for assuming.:sad:

I've never heard of a gapper either.

I'm glad you made it to Canada and I'll be waiting for pic's of your tank when you get it up and running.

muck
01-08-2010, 05:25 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:drinking:

LOL... I think I missed something. :lol:

StirCrazy
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM

hmm I never heard of it? do you get these voices often?:mrgreen:

Leah
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
LOL... I think I missed something. :lol:
Maybe....LMAO :wink:

Leah
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM

:lol: I actually believe he does :twised:

workn2hard2day
01-09-2010, 04:45 AM
I think you guys scared Mrsbugmaster away :lol:

Skimmerking
01-09-2010, 04:52 AM

hey Stircrazy there is a huge difference in regardsto the military and NAVY:lol:

StirCrazy
01-09-2010, 05:50 AM
hey Stircrazy there is a huge difference in regardsto the military and NAVY:lol:

um ya, Nave is Military, they must not have taught you that in the ARMY. :mrgreen:, oh and I grew up in alberta also.. still never heard of it :wink:

Steve