PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

whiteangelbw
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok, I was showing my aunt the crab i found in my tank (have him in a container in my sump), and I found these. I counldn't believe it, they are growing on the wall of my sump. Will I be able to take them out and put them in the main tank, and should I be lighting my sump for these guys.

Atomikk
10-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Those fans are non-photosynthetic, so they don't require any light. They just need nutrition... like you are providing now.

BlueAbyss
10-03-2009, 02:10 AM
They are likely growing where they are for a reason (right amount of flow, low light, etc.), they must prefer those conditions... you could try moving some of them, but if you damage them in the process they will likely die (not to mention the change in conditions, but they might adapt).

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-03-2009, 06:47 AM
What you could do is position some live rock up against the featherduster worms, so that over time, some will migrate over & then you can move the rock into your display tank. I've got them growing in my display, no problem.

BlueAbyss
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
That's a good idea, I was looking at my tank today and there's featherdusters growing in the substrate :lol:

whiteangelbw
10-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks all. Seahorse fanatic, thats exactly what I am going to do, thanks for the suggestion. I really hope they will do well in my tank and not only the sump. :biggrin: