PDA

View Full Version : Auction (being held by Aquarium Club of Edmonton)

c_scherer123
10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Hope nobody minds me posting this here, if I this is the wrong location - my apologies.
I noticed that the ACE (Aquarium Club of Edmonton) is having a fall auction, from the ones I have attended it is 99% freshwater (lots of fish, plants, and equipment). Though I would love to see more saltwater in it.
Just figured some people here might happen to have freshwater tanks which may need some fish...
http://www.fish-club.org/index.php

ACE Fall Auction

Sunday October 25th, 2009
Deliveries: 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Viewing: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Auction: 11:00 AM - FINISH

High Park Community Hall
11032 154 Street NW, Edmonton

bignose
10-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Don't you have to be a paid member of the club?

c_scherer123
10-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Don't you have to be a paid member of the club?
To go to the auction and bid, no.

I believe there is a form or something in the link provided if you want to put something in the auction... I also think that they take a certain percentage of the sale. (I have never put anything in the auction, so I am not sure of the fine print - all the info is in the link though).

intarsiabox
10-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I went there 2 years ago for a bunch of plants for my daughters tank. There was very little SW gear and no livestock. You don't have to be a member to attend but plan on being there along time if you go. They have lots of tables filled with stuff and it takes time to get through it all.

c_scherer123
10-04-2009, 01:02 AM
I went there 2 years ago for a bunch of plants for my daughters tank. There was very little SW gear and no livestock. You don't have to be a member to attend but plan on being there along time if you go. They have lots of tables filled with stuff and it takes time to get through it all.

I have never managed to stay through it all - I live too far away and have to head out early. Most actually don't remain to the end and sneaking out early is commonplace, which is why they implemented a "bump" system for those who have to leave before the end or simply don't want to stay the entire time.
As for saltwater stuff, there is almost none. Though I know people sometimes have frags sitting around that (in my opinion at least) would be a welcome addition. *hint hint* :wink:

rocco134
10-05-2009, 03:40 AM
hey

is this cash only?

sharuq1
10-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Yes

fencer
10-05-2009, 06:24 AM
I would like to sell there..the only problem is the majority of the salt people are already on Canreef. And that is one of the reasons why you probably don't see salt there

rocco134
10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes

Thanks!!

jvision
10-18-2009, 04:32 AM
There have been a few frags and fish in the past, but in the last year or so, there hasn't been any livestock. In order to sell, you need to be a member of the club ($25/yr). These auctions are basically the only fundraising the club does, so the club take is 30%, I believe (might be 25%).