PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would share some pics.

powerreef
08-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Well its been about 8 months since I finished the beast so I thought I would share some pics. Tell me what you think

http://www.thepsas.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=155]the beast

Mike

Jack
08-17-2003, 09:13 PM
:eek:

I remember seeing construciton pictures of that tank on reef central a long time ago. Now to see the end product is amazing. What a tank! Your fish are spoiled and very lucky :lol:

Quick qestion, do you like having no sandbed better? or do you miss the white sand bottom?

Troy F
08-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Very well done Mike. I can't wait to see it.

powerreef
08-17-2003, 10:30 PM
LOL Jack they only let the construction pics on RC for about 10 mins before they deleted the thread, Youmust have been quick.

On the DSB I much much perfer not having the sand in the tank. I can now get the flow and enviroment I want and I can simply remove the detritus by vacuuming instead of letting it stew in a DSB.

Mike

Buccaneer
08-17-2003, 10:40 PM
LOL Jack they only let the construction pics on RC for about 10 mins before they deleted the thread, Youmust have been quick.

Mike

Why would they delete the thread ?

Cheers

Troy F
08-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Good question.

DJ88
08-18-2003, 01:04 AM
yes why mike? I can't see that it was deleted.

Mike I figured out where it went..

I'll PM you.

AJ_77
08-18-2003, 02:04 AM
Darren, I can't view that thread even though I'm logged in (or so it says)... is it in a special forum, or archived or what?? Maybe something with the link you posted?

Thanks.

DJ88
08-18-2003, 02:08 AM
oh damn.. my apologies guys..

Mike Pm me if you never recieved notice of it being moved.

I didn't notice where it went..

man please accept my aoplogies mike.

AJ_77
08-18-2003, 03:31 AM
Back on topic, I think that has got to be one of the coolest tanks I've ever seen. Were there dimensions for that tank that I missed in there?

Yikes! :biggrin:

smokinreefer
08-18-2003, 04:24 AM
:crazyeye: :shocked!:

until i can realize my dream tank, i will live vicariously through you!
awesome!

Delphinus
08-18-2003, 02:14 PM
"We are not worthy!!!"

Did you sell everything and stsrt over? Or find temporary foster homes? Or keep a tank going off to the side for some of the items you couldn't really part with?

Trevor Robertson
08-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Holy S$!T

That is one of the best tanks that I have ever seen!

My hat is off to you!

Congrats on a job well done!

powerreef
08-18-2003, 10:02 PM
DJ88 relax bro no biggie. JOhn and Skipper called me and talked it over before they pulled it. I am not worried about it at all. Its all good :biggrin: .

AJ for dementions its basically 2 eight foot front faces. The main front face is 3 feet front to back and the other is 2 feet front to back. and the whole tank is 30 inches tall.

Smoken all hitchhikers are welcome aboard :smile:

Delphinus I found a home for them while the tank was being put together, not a very good home (they killed all my super large acros, 2 foots and up) but a home all the same. I put all the old rock in dark storage drums to allow them to shed detritus, for about 6 weeks.

Mike

Doug
08-18-2003, 10:53 PM
I have already told Mike several times how amazing his new tank was.

Oh, what the heck, I will tell him again.

:biggrin: Beautiful :biggrin:

powerreef
08-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Hey Doug Great to see ya again you crustie old reef dog. Is it snowing yet ????? :mrgreen:
I have heard alot of great stoies in my days with reefing but the sliding the reef tank through the snow to its new home is one I will never forget.

Mike

Trevor Robertson
08-20-2003, 01:59 PM
what sliding a reef tank over snow/ice, that is one I HAVE to hear!

Doug
08-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Hey Doug Great to see ya again you crustie old reef dog. Is it snowing yet ????? :mrgreen:
I have heard alot of great stoies in my days with reefing but the sliding the reef tank through the snow to its new home is one I will never forget.
Mike

No snow yet. Darn hottest I have ever seen it around here and for so long. Even the grasshopers dried up. :lol:

:lol: Yea, the older ya get, the goofier the stories. Trevor, we got a good deal on a bigger house that happen to be across the street. I slid the 170 across in the snow. :lol:

Mike, pretty good looking board. I have been reading it lately. Never signed up yet. Dont know if flatlanders are allowed. :biggrin:

Guess we will have to go by that way on our trip out west, when ever the heck that is. :confused:

christyf5
08-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Wow! Incredible tank Mike! It looks spectacular. :cool:

I always wondered what happened to that thread on RC. I saw it and wanted to follow it along but I could never find it again. Thanks for posting all the pics again.

Christy :)