PDA

View Full Version : Macro lens

Doug
09-30-2009, 11:34 PM
My Sony has no macro lens, even though it has all these macro settings.

{1st. thing I never knew}

So I see online a macro lens for $30 US. Yahoo, I order it. Nice lens but its the same as the mag glass method I used before, just nicer to use and certainly a clearer and better picture.

{2nd. think I never knew.}

Whoop-dee-do. Great for corals at the front. Or lily,s in my wifes flower bed. Suppose thats why it cost $30. :smile:

I,m guessing for macro pics of the corals at the back or the tank, one needs some type of telephoto macros lens. :lol: Can you tell how much I know about camera,s. :lol:

intarsiabox
09-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Minolta lenses will fit Sony DSLR's, you could probably find a good used macro lens for cheap from a camera store or ebay.

StirCrazy
10-01-2009, 03:54 AM
My Sony has no macro lens, even though it has all these macro settings.

{1st. thing I never knew}

So I see online a macro lens for $30 US. Yahoo, I order it. Nice lens but its the same as the mag glass method I used before, just nicer to use and certainly a clearer and better picture.

{2nd. think I never knew.}

Whoop-dee-do. Great for corals at the front. Or lily,s in my wifes flower bed. Suppose thats why it cost $30. :smile:

I,m guessing for macro pics of the corals at the back or the tank, one needs some type of telephoto macros lens. :lol: Can you tell how much I know about camera,s. :lol:

which camera did you get? I just bought a Cannon rebel and man am I impressed. for your corals that are farther back if you don't want to use the macro lense just put the camera on a tripod focus/zoom all the way in and then move the camera back just far enough for it to be in the begining of the focal range.. I used to do this with a lot of my pics from my old fuji camera when they were out of range of the macro.

Steve

Doug
10-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I dont have an SLR. Its a Sony H2. Think that would still work with mine Steve. I will give it a try.