PDA

View Full Version : Anemones in Vancouver

JTrigger
08-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Where do you get them?

They didn't have em at J&L, King Ed's, or Big Al's...???

JTrigger
08-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Oops, I did see a few nice ones at King Ed's.. but the other two had none... are there any other places in the city that might have some?

robbyville
08-17-2003, 12:58 AM
You know other than a few purple condy's (And who would want them, oops, I bought one ONCE), I have not seen many nice anemones around Vancouver.

I think that there might have been a couple at J&L's a while back. If you decide that you want one I have two pink tips that are pretty darned healthy. I got one large one from the only other reefer in town (Saltwater that is, this is Whistler after all), and he has split a couple of times over the past 6 months.

Let me know and maybe I can bring it down next time I come to Van.

Best,

Rob

Jack
08-17-2003, 03:12 AM
Seems like most people get them off other reefers anemones that split. I know Sam sometimes has some for sale every now and then.

*disclamer

Not trying to get people to bug Sam :lol:

Samw
08-17-2003, 04:18 AM
Sam who? :redface:

Well, I'd love to sell some. But I've sold off all of my anemones (except the Rose) to make space for Acros which I have the worst success with (due to the Acros being in the same tank with softies, LPS, and lots of fish). Knowing what I know, I can forsee myself running an anemone farm in my future.

JTrigger
08-17-2003, 05:03 AM
LoL, darn, and you're downtown too.. I'm by Stanley Park.. hehe, gonna part with your rose? LoL.. j/k.. hope your acros go well for ya!

JT

EmilyB
08-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Interested in a sebae about 2' across ????

JTrigger
08-19-2003, 02:53 AM
Wow, awesome offer! Wish I didn't just pick up an identical anemone just yesterday :(

DJ88
08-19-2003, 03:48 AM
Jeff,

I hate to ask.. but didn't you just set up that tank within the last month/month and a half?

A sebae is a difficult anemone to begin with. In a brand new, cycling tank you are looking for trouble..

:(